Part time job...help (1 Viewer)

tloos

HSC
Yo, morning everyone.
I've got a part time job, work both days on the weekend, normally both 5 hour shifts if not more.
My parents and I both agree that putting the part time job on hold until my hsc is over would be the best thing for me to do.
I earn a pretty good amount of money, am treated very well at this job and it is good to clear my head but I still want to put it on hold until the end of hsc.
Now I am a good writer, I love to write, love to write poetry etc. A question I cannot answer, is in reference to like freelance writers or writing reviewing etc, where can I look for like online sites/at home jobs where I can get paid to review writing pieces/write. I don't care if it is like a dollar a piece of what not, I am just interested in doing this in my free time to get a tiny bit of money.

Please help, would be great.

Thankyou

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Making money online like you mentioned isn't worth it. Every man and his dog has tried to make money doing those sort of tasks online, its too saturated. Better to just work one or two shifts a week at work. I quit my job for a month before hsc and it did nothing for me so I personally wouldnt recommend it.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
If you can still fit in decent studying time every weeknight and a few ours on the weekend, then you don't really need to quit your job. It'll actually prove quite useful if you keep your job during Yr12 as you're earning money and shouldn't really be spending a lot of it so you will have a decent savings account. Unless your rents are able to financially support you, I'd keep the job. There are literally over a billion people on the internet and we'd all like to make a quick buck by writing articles/doing surveys/etc. It's not really worth it if you have a somewhat enjoyable, well-paying job. If you still want to, then there are those survey websites that give you like $1-3 per 15min survey you do (but that is not a lot and will be super boring).

ALawrence

HSC
It's super hard to find freelance jobs online...trust me, I've tried. If you have an enjoyable job that is good to clear your head (it was Baker's Delight for me in my HSC), I recommend keeping it. It's a good thing to be independent and to have that bit of freedom. 10 hours per weekend isn't actually that much to deter you from studying, and you can always put it on hold during the actual HSC exams. You have evenings and free periods, so as long as you're using them well, you can definitely do well in the HSC with a part-time job (like hundreds of people have!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)