How much should I study over the holidays? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm going overseas with my family for about 2 weeks in total and I probably won't study during that time.

Taking family dinners, unexpected visits, and shopping trips into account, is 3-4 hours a day enough?

I averaged about 1 hour a day throughout year 11, and I need to try much harder next year to get a 90+ ATAR.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes 3-4 hours is enough, but it depends how you use this time. You need to be focused during this time rather than like being half committed for that amount of hours to work. I would recommend you do it in hour blocks with a break in between, because doing like four hours of work continuously will decrease your efficiency

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Honestly, if your going into Year 12 you probably could get away with using the time after new years (Jan - Feb) getting everything organised for Term 1. This could include catching up on notes, revising chapters and redoing questions or simply trying to learn ahead.

Either way, after new years I would try your best to actually make a study plan first so you can get a general idea of what tasks need to get time + how much time your willing to spend doing it per day (minus any activities or outings you have planned).

You can use this article I wrote to get a better idea of what you should try and do if you want to get a decent start into year 12
https://www.ssedu.com.au/the-4-fundamental-habits-of-a-band-6-student/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)