13 units in total?? (1 Viewer)

egal

HSC
hey, I'm wondering whether or not i should drop subjects and if so what I should drop? I'm aiming for an atar of 98.5+
I did ancient history accelerated and got 96 for trials and was 1st throughout the year but right now im doing 11 units and not sure whether i should drop anything. Any help would be awesome

subject/rank/yearly prelim mark

advanced english: 1/55 92%
extension 1 english: 1/9 88%
mathematics: 5/27 84%
extension 1 maths: 3/9 88%
Economics: 1/17 94%
french continuers: 3/6 84%

ive picked up extension 2 english but i also have a fair few other commitments school captain/work etc. and dont want to stress myself out and i feel like doing 3 units extra might be a bit silly

I'm not struggling with the workload too much at the moment and I love all of my subjects. I know from first glance it looks like i should drop french but there really isnt much content, I have a class where the majority are native speakers and my teacher is awesome.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I think I would just wait a bit before you drop anything. I would wait till you get your HSC result for ancient history and if you have already completed an assessment for HSC in your subjects to see how you go there. After that I would probably just see what you think will get you the highest atar possible, doesn't have to be the hardest subject but the subjects you think you are going to be able to achieve that 98.5 atar with and then drop whatever is excess.

egal

HSC
Hey I think I would just wait a bit before you drop anything. I would wait till you get your HSC result for ancient history and if you have already completed an assessment for HSC in your subjects to see how you go there. After that I would probably just see what you think will get you the highest atar possible, doesn't have to be the hardest subject but the subjects you think you are going to be able to achieve that 98.5 atar with and then drop whatever is excess.
Thanks so much! Do you think that dropping subjects is a good idea provided my ancient mark is 95+? or would it be more beneficial just to keep them all?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks so much! Do you think that dropping subjects is a good idea provided my ancient mark is 95+? or would it be more beneficial just to keep them all?
It's probably better to drop something if you know you can perform in all the other subjects because you will have much more time to study for other subjects. I was coming first in studies of religion in preliminary but since I knew my other marks would get higher in the atar since they scaled better and I was going very well in them, I dropped it before that first term of year 12 finished.

egal

HSC
yeah that's true! Thanks heaps for your help and good luck for your hsc results, I'm sure you'll do awesome :)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah that's true! Thanks heaps for your help and good luck for your hsc results, I'm sure you'll do awesome :)
No worries and thanks. Good luck for your ancient history mark as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)