Mate's been repeatedly taking sickies during exam time (1 Viewer)

Whicanti

HSC
I have this friend who has a system of taking days off when an exam is on and asking around for the questions to the hidden exam the next day.

He has done it before for a Bio prac exam and when i approached him he posed me the hypothetical question: "why wouldn't you do it to get an advantage? It's the HSC...".

imo i think that's a bit of a petty move and so i got really infuriated. What's more, certain people openly tell him what was in the exam.

We had a Business exam today and to my suprise he wasn't around.

I don't want to sound paranoid but i'm afraid he's going to continue this trend for the rest of our common internal exams. Should i speak to a teacher about this?

Last edited:

Whovian99

HSC
I'm not sure what the policy is at your school, but at mine, we were only allowed to provide a legitimate sick note for only one assessment/exam per subject. No one should be given an advantage, and with that being said, others are only disadvantaging themselves by providing him with the question. Regardless, the best course of action is to report to the head teacher of the faculty or your deputies to prevent this situation from happening again. (obviously tell them to keep you anonymous etc.)

I know this is difficult, given that he is your friend, but I hope this helps

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You should but try to do it anonymously so he doesn't know it is you...but then you might want to question whether he really is a 'friend' if he has some ethically questionable behaviour..

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
People do this sort of thing in the HSC because they want to get a better rank

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Unlucky because in my school you need a medical note for being sick. For us if you're away for an exam you don't resit it you just get an estimate (usually not a high one) based on future tasks. What school do you go to it's pretty lenient...

Orwell

HSC
My school will actually look at the particular days an individual has been away, and if most of the time those days are around or on examinations, they will look into it and enact punishment if necessary.

But yeah, just give the teachers an anonymous tip and they can investigate like they do at my school. Additionally, if he does this as often as you say, I'm sure the trend will be made apparent to staff.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
and how does this affect you personally?

Are you just depressed someone is using a loophole for their own advantage? Or is it cause of your "honesty" and "values" when you yourself have done similar shady shit in the past

You can either be a cunt or you can be a good bloke

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If he has medical certificates there is nothing you or the school can do.
And if the school tries to do something because they notice a "pattern" the kid could easily refute their claims.

Maybe he has an undiagnosed anxiety disorder. Just leave him be. It's the HSC; if this kid is doing better than you with these hints you weren't going to get 99.95 anyway so it really doesn't matter. ~

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
There's not much you can do honestly because if he has medical certficiates then the school can't really say much to him, but I find it odd that other students would tell him what is in the exam when it may affect their rank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)