Failed Maths Two Unit Exam (1 Viewer)

tloos

HSC
First maths had exam, weighting was 15%. I failed bad, 36%....is my hsc screwed....I don't know what to do. Have a goal of 85 plus atar....is it gone.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey it's not gone, but this mark you got needs to be improved immediately (I.e. You can't bomb out the next assessment). This mark you received you need to ask yourself some serious questions such as did you study enough?, did you do practice papers? Or simply you don't understand maths 2 unit. You MUST identify the reasons why this happened and then there's no easy way around it but you have to work your ass off in these Christmas holidays to improve your results. You need to first off start using textbooks and then progress onto doing exam questions. Getting a tutor for maths that is 1:1 would also be helpful. On the other hand it might be worth considering moving courses to general maths. Although you might think you are going to get scaled bad, getting a 85 HSC mark in general maths is much better than getting a band 3 in 2 unit maths. From here what happens is up to you, you can keep worrying about your atar or actually do something to fix it, best of luck

chiefpasco

HSC
I got 6% in trials. Drew smirk faces and shit all throughout the paper. Will let you know if I failed my HSC on Thursday.

Jakulore

HSC
If this was a one time thing it is okay, but you will need to improve drastically and cannot afford to bomb out on any other assessments. In saying this, are you sure you are able to do 2u Maths? At my school, a lot of people dropped from 2u Maths to General Maths around this time last year (though I just dropped 2u Maths to no maths) and I can assure you that it would have saved their Maths marks for the HSC.

westernsydneyu

HSC
Hi tloos, good luck with your results tomorrow!

Just wanted to let you know about the Guaranteed Entry Program that we have - if your ATAR is over 55, you can gain guaranteed entry into an eligible course. The registration portal is closed until Friday 16th, however you can read about the program here https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/informationabout/uwsadvantage/guaranteed_entry

Our Course Information Team will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, you can contact them on 1300 897 669.

Regards
Western

littlespartan

HSC
N/A
Hi tloos, good luck with your results tomorrow!

Just wanted to let you know about the Guaranteed Entry Program that we have - if your ATAR is over 55, you can gain guaranteed entry into an eligible course. The registration portal is closed until Friday 16th, however you can read about the program here https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/informationabout/uwsadvantage/guaranteed_entry

Our Course Information Team will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, you can contact them on 1300 897 669.

Regards
Western
Harsh

sourmilk

HSC
Hey look it's okay. I'll give you some perspective.

My boyfriend was completely shit in physics, and for his trial he got 36%... IN HIS TRIAL! WEIGHING 40%

He end up with a final mark in the 70's for physics, and ended up with a 75 atar. Now I love my boyfriend dearly, but if he can dun goofed that bad and still get a 75 atar, you will definitely be fine with screwing up a 15% weighting of an assignment.

Make sure you study hard for maths! and prepare well for the biggest assesments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)