Dear HSC All-Rounders, what was your strategy? (1 Viewer)

CHRep

HSC
I'm going onto year 11 next year and I was just wondering what you top-achievers did to reach such good results? haha Was it just studying whenever you could? Did you have tutors? Did you have a job that you had to juggle? any tips to make the HSC easier?

My subjects next year are:
Maths 2u
Maths ext1
English adv
English ext1
Business Studies
Economics
Ancient History
Legal studies

Any of you who completed these subjects and got high marks, do you have any tips haha thanks heaps guys

meDAawesome

HSC
I'm going onto year 11 next year and I was just wondering what you top-achievers did to reach such good results? haha Was it just studying whenever you could? Did you have tutors? Did you have a job that you had to juggle? any tips to make the HSC easier?

My subjects next year are:
Maths 2u
Maths ext1
English adv
English ext1
Business Studies
Economics
Ancient History
Legal studies

Any of you who completed these subjects and got high marks, do you have any tips haha thanks heaps guys
For economics I recommend you read as much economic material as possible, read Ross Gittin's articles, browse the RBA website every once in a while, read the economist, Paul Krugman's articles in the new york times and every other piece of economic material that you can find. As you read these articles think about how these different economic issues discussed in the articles link to economic theory as well as the HSC syllabus. This gives you valuable economic data that you can use in exams about Australia and the international economy.

Furthermore, I'd recommend getting into the habit of doing past papers regularly for all your subjects (especially maths). Past papers are the MOST important part of studying for the HSC and doing this has helped me to achieve my results without writing notes for single one of my subjects. There is a huge bank of past paper resources on THSC and AceHSC. Of course you won't be able to do them in one go until you finish the content, but as you progress through the course in class I suggest you go through past papers finding relevant questions and do them. Save the most recent trials (about 2012+ cos maths changed then) for before your trials. Some people also think that you should save the HSC exams till before the HSC, but in my experience I think its better to do them throughout the year as you can be quite burnt out after trials and struggle to do them all.

Also DO NOT write notes for maths they are a waste of time. Write out the formulas that aren't in the formula sheet as you encounter them until you memorise them or learn how to derive them, that is the only rote-learning part of maths possible.

Also your doing 14 units, only 10 units will count I suggest you drop some units and go with 11/12 units (to spare just in case) as this will save you a bunch of time to do other stuff which results in less stress.

Good luck for the HSC, I wish you the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)