Did I dun fucked it up? (1 Viewer)

littlespartan

HSC
N/A
So, I want to get a 95+ ATAR, but the first round of assessments hit me like my daddy.

First Assessment task results:

Physics: 89%
Chemistry: hasn't been marked yet
Economics: 83%
Mathematics (2U): 70%
Math 3U: 44%
English: hasn't been marked yet

Based on this performance, did I fuck up my chance of getting top rank in these subjects?
Did I fuck up my chance of a 95+ ATAR?

sourmilk

HSC
Well look at it this way, its better to fuck up now than fuck up near the trials. Your marks aren't the greatest, and you can definitely improve next year by working harder in 3U and stuff. Just don't give up now, especially since the weighting of assessments rn won't impact you atar greatly.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
So, I want to get a 95+ ATAR, but the first round of assessments hit me like my daddy.

Based on this performance, did I fuck up my chance of getting top rank in these subjects?
I think what matters most is your rank at the end of trials. Given you have all that time from now until like 10 months later, you can improve and such in order to redeem your rank

Simorgh

HSC
First off I think 13 Units is too much for one to handle especially for HSC. Highly consider dropping a subject and you will have more time to improve in all your other subjects.

2U/3U Maths can be definitely improved. Your mark for 3U is rather unusually low, I had say consider dropping it or if not see whether you need it for your future career. As a 3 Unit student you should be getting 80%+ at the bear minimum in 2 Unit Maths.

Other than that Physics and Economics seem pretty alright. Keep going the way your going.

There is still much to improve on and many more exams to be done before you can consider 95+ let alone 80.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

You can improve just study harder for the rest of the term there is heaps of percentage left to make up. You might not come first in the end but you can improve. Even if you aren't first if you smash the actual HSC exam you can bring yourself up, e.g. for SOR I got 46 assessment mark due to being rank 8 but for the actual exam I got 49 so it ended up as 48, just study hard and you'll make it.

First off I think 13 Units is too much for one to handle especially for HSC. Highly consider dropping a subject and you will have more time to improve in all your other subjects.

2U/3U Maths can be definitely improved. Your mark for 3U is rather unusually low, I had say consider dropping it or if not see whether you need it for your future career. As a 3 Unit student you should be getting 80%+ at the bear minimum in 2 Unit Maths.

Other than that Physics and Economics seem pretty alright. Keep going the way your going.

There is still much to improve on and many more exams to be done before you can consider 95+ let alone 80.
Some schools, I know mine does this, they don't let us drop a subject in term 4 unless we do an extension subject + accelerated SOR, i.e. we have 13 units. This is just to safeguard in case we get kicked out of extension and need extra units. 13 is okay though lots of people manage their time well and can study effectively. I know KingOfActing did 15 units (guy on these forums) and managed a 97 or 98 atar I forgot.

Simorgh

HSC
Some schools, I know mine does this, they don't let us drop a subject in term 4 unless we do an extension subject + accelerated SOR, i.e. we have 13 units. This is just to safeguard in case we get kicked out of extension and need extra units. 13 is okay though lots of people manage their time well and can study effectively. I know KingOfActing did 15 units (guy on these forums) and managed a 97 or 98 atar I forgot.
Oh I see its different for every school. At my school if your doing 4U Maths or English only then do they force you to do more than 10 Units, after half yearlies you can drop a subject at the discretion of the English and Maths head teacher. All other 1 Unit extensions are alright.

I know don't get how Kingofacting had his school allowed him to adjust 15 Units within his timetable? Did he take subjects outside of the school as well?

13 Units is not a lot for someone who can manage their time well and are doing equally well in all those subjects. Not worth having these extra units as back ups, when you are doing crap in them and having an underperformance in all your subjects as a whole. Yes there are defs a lot of people who are quite capable of doing this many units, but not everyone is.

I can admit I am not one of those people and hence I found doing 11 Units as much less tedious and bothersome than doing 13. This term I saw a huge collective improvement in all my subjects compared to Yr 11 after having study/free periods and fianlly one less subject to worry about.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Oh I see its different for every school. At my school if your doing 4U Maths or English only then do they force you to do more than 10 Units, after half yearlies you can drop a subject at the discretion of the English and Maths head teacher. All other 1 Unit extensions are alright.

I know don't get how Kingofacting had his school allowed him to adjust 15 Units within his timetable? Did he take subjects outside of the school as well?

13 Units is not a lot for someone who can manage their time well and are doing equally well in all those subjects. Not worth having these extra units as back ups, when you are doing crap in them and having an underperformance in all your subjects as a whole. Yes there are defs a lot of people who are quite capable of doing this many units, but not everyone is.

I can admit I am not one of those people and hence I found doing 11 Units as much less tedious and bothersome than doing 13. This term I saw a huge collective improvement in all my subjects compared to Yr 11 after having study/free periods and fianlly one less subject to worry about.
I think he said at his school MX1 and music ran at the same time but he attended MX1 but didn't attend music and he got his name marked of both roles or something and no I think all his subjects were in school

And I think yes 13 units is manageable, as long as u like the subjects u are learning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)