All rounder question (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Just one quick question:

Since I got a band 6 for 2 unit maths for 2016, IF I get one for 3 and 4 unit would that count 6 units towards a premiers award (all rounder) or will it only count 4 units towards it (3 and 4 unit)? Thanks!

HSC
I couldn't say for certain, but I know there are people from my school (including the Dux) who didn't get the All-Rounders Award despite getting straight E4s/Band 6s over 2 years. Sounds stupid not to count it but with BOSTES who knows, right?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Just one quick question:

Since I got a band 6 for 2 unit maths for 2016, IF I get one for 3 and 4 unit would that count 6 units towards a premiers award (all rounder) or will it only count 4 units towards it (3 and 4 unit)? Thanks!
4 units. (I emailed BOSTES about this a while ago and they said 4.)

calamebe

HSC
I couldn't say for certain, but I know there are people from my school (including the Dux) who didn't get the All-Rounders Award despite getting straight E4s/Band 6s over 2 years. Sounds stupid not to count it but with BOSTES who knows, right?
Oh wait, so if I only got 3 band sixes (I got band sixes for both 3U and 4U this year) for my next HSC I wouldn't get an All-Rounders Award? That sucks.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Oh wait, so if I only got 3 band sixes (I got band sixes for both 3U and 4U this year) for my next HSC I wouldn't get an All-Rounders Award? That sucks.
You should email board of studies to make sure but they probably take ages to reply.

HSC
Unfortunately I think that's the way it is. Our school even had to add a little caveat when referencing our All-Rounders to make sure that we all knew they *technically* did get the award, even if BOSTES wouldn't admit it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)