Using a tablet for senior years (11-12) (1 Viewer)

1will

HSC
Hello, I've been thinking about getting a tablet and a drawing pad for it that would allow me to emulate writing so that my hands get trained for exams and whatnot as well as giving me the flexibility of pen and paper, but with less storage space needed (tablet>5 books) and easier accessible storage of my data. Has anyone else tried this? How much did your hand cramp during exams? Anything I should know, reccomended tablets/pads?

Thanks. Probably the wrong section but work in 10 minutes and first time using these forums.

Simorgh

HSC
Go and fix your post first. You are not at all making any sense.

Then we can suggest and advise you properly on what your problems are.

mrstripedshades

HSC
do you mean to do all your work on it? Personally this probably wasnt even allowed at my school, and I think its not really worth the hassle. If you mean to use it as a way to carry around your textbooks, I did that for year 11 and it worked fine.

I guess it would vary from person to person, and I was a really lazy student so eventually I just used my phone because its screen was big enough for text books (and I pretty much only used Cambridge at school anyway)

sourmilk

HSC
you wont ever look back your notes on a tablet. besides, technology fucking up in the hsc is way common than you think

vkusno

HSC
N/A
you could try a surface tablet.

HSC
Well writing on a tablet, even with a stylus is at best only an imitation of the real thing. Pen and paper practise hasn't failed anyone that i know of, i'd personally just stick with that.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Writing on a normal tablet is rubbish even for normal handwriting let alone detailed diagrams/equations/etc. Writing on a Surface tablet (or any other pen-designed tablet) is greatly overrated and whilst more precise/natural, still will slow you down a bit.

The real benefit you'd get is actually being able to type your notes (if you have a model with a keyboard or you buy a bluetooth keyboard like Logitech Keys to Go) and then you have them saved in the cloud so you can't lose them, and when you need to sketch or draw something you can. You won't improve your handwriting speed but it's more about ensuring you don't lose anything IMO.

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend OneNote. It gets bogged down pretty quickly once you have quite a bit of stuff in there. I thought sync between devices would rock but it's slow which is not what you want when you are rushing to class.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't recommend. Even at uni most of my things are handwritten.

get a folder with lose leaf paper so you don't have to carry paperweight with you all day literally

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Loose papers, a folder and a pen. Don't use technology. The only thing that tablet should ever do is hold all your textbooks.

You can't just imitate the motions of writing, you need to press a pen to paper and make sure you get use to writing fast and neat and cramping and being able to write while cramping.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Loose papers, a folder and a pen. Don't use technology. The only thing that tablet should ever do is hold all your textbooks.

You can't just imitate the motions of writing, you need to press a pen to paper and make sure you get use to writing fast and neat and cramping and being able to write while cramping.
We get so much english homework (kept leaving it to the last minute so had to write like 20+ pages in a day) so writing a lot is nothing now xD

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

We get so much english homework (kept leaving it to the last minute so had to write like 20+ pages in a day) so writing a lot is nothing now xD

But yeah OP write on actual paper to practice. If you can, try get writing booklets (I took a few from school) and then photocopy them to practice writing there too (bigger lines). I would recommend practising in the writing booklets (your essays, etc) because I write bigger in exams to write faster so might be different for some people compared to an exercise book.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

But yeah OP write on actual paper to practice. If you can, try get writing booklets (I took a few from school) and then photocopy them to practice writing there too (bigger lines). I would recommend practising in the writing booklets (your essays, etc) because I write bigger in exams to write faster so might be different for some people compared to an exercise book.
Meanwhile, never really had English homework.

SuperAltastic

HSC
Hello, I've been thinking about getting a tablet and a drawing pad for it that would allow me to emulate writing so that my hands get trained for exams and whatnot as well as giving me the flexibility of pen and paper, but with less storage space needed (tablet>5 books) and easier accessible storage of my data. Has anyone else tried this? How much did your hand cramp during exams? Anything I should know, reccomended tablets/pads?

Thanks. Probably the wrong section but work in 10 minutes and first time using these forums.
Use your tablet for keeping text books as you need to practice writing legibly and quickly for the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)