TSFX Summer School Sydney (@USYD) Yay or Nay??? (1 Viewer)

STUDENT K

HSC
Hey everyone,

So I have been looking into doing some holiday programs so that I can actually get some work done these holidays and consolidate & broaden my knowledge base, seeing as it is actually year 12 and half yearlies are coming up.

I found TSFX in Sydney and was interested in doing the Mathematics, Ext 1 Maths & English Adv. lectures. They each run for 9 hours, split up over 2-3 days and cost $165 each plus they give you resources (i.e. study notes). This meaning it rounds to about $18/hr.

Does anyone have any experience with them or know of a better option?? What is it like? What do you have to bring? How many people attend? Is it worth it to pay $500 for this?

Thanks in advance!!! :tongue:

P.S. Here is the link to the TSFX Summer School Brochure :)
http://www.tsfx.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/NSW-Summer-School-Yr12-2017-WEB.pdf

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I recommend not spending money on seminars and workshops. Why? Because you're attending a class in your free time and taking notes and what not BUT I feel like 90% of the time, if you're not actively listening and understanding (and just jotting notes down that you said you'll read later), its pointless.

There are from free HSC lectures by AN though, I would go to free ones.

elizabethii

HSC
I attended these during the summer holidays and again before trials, and they were amazing! I got more out of the pre-trials sessions however so maybe wait till then

tofusenpai

HSC
Instead of spending them mulla I'd recommend going to the ********* Lectures at UTS which are FREE. Unless you're a priviliged rich kid but hey there's a free Ace the Seminar at TSFX so why not check that out first?

tofusenpai

HSC
omg why is NOTESATAR (read backwards) in asterisks? Omg wai oml

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I attended these during the summer holidays and again before trials, and they were amazing! I got more out of the pre-trials sessions however so maybe wait till then
Just curious:

- what courses did you attend?

- about how many students in each class?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
omg why is NOTESATAR (read backwards) in asterisks? Omg wai oml
Its name is pretty much taboo on BOS (has been for a long time I think), reason being (I'm guessing) that it's a sort of rival site to BOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)