My first assessments sucked :( (1 Viewer)

nerdwithapurpose

HSC
Hi all,

So, I'm currently getting back marks for my assessments I did in Term 4 and 2 subjects (Maths 2U, English Adv) are very poor and one of them is meh (Chemistry). I feel so downtrodden and just so depressed and keep thinking that I've screwed up any chances of getting a good atar (considering I need a 95+). Does anyone have any kind of advice that can appease my poor spirits?

HSC
I don't know why you're worrying; only someone really dedicated would be worried at failing Term 4 tasks for the HSC! Obviously it's always a downer when you get a bad mark, but take solace in the fact that the real prize is the HSC. That accounts for 50% of your HSC. 50%! In the grand scheme of things, one task is not going to make or break you.

Don't take this as an invitation to slack off though. You need to pick up your case to stay on track, but I'm confident you can do it.

Good luck!

nerdwithapurpose

HSC
Thanks for the motivation :) I'm praying that this term I can pull my socks up. Wish me luck!

chickencoop

HSC
Make a comeback in the remaining exams you have! I have known friends that did much worse than you in their term 4 assessments and slowly worked their way up to getting a 95+ ATAR!

Just make sure you do not get demotivated because of this one result. If anything it should push you even harder to perform better next time

Mahan1

HSC
I have experienced that in physics. I came second in the first test but in the second exam/assessment I made a huge mistake which made me come 22nd out 40 in my cohort.I was determined to close the gap and in the next exam I came in the 10th place. Finally by coming 1st in my trial, I achieved 3rd place in total (for the reference I got 95.75).So don't worry if the marks and ranks are not what you want right now.Make a good plan to catch up. For example, for the upcoming exam, aim for the 10th place or better.(The internal marks are kind of irrelevant your rank is much more important)

Good luck!

raychippy

HSC
Ye i got 96% on my 2U mathematics and that really pissed me off. It was SO EASY exam and I made silly mistakes leading to downfall of not achieving 100%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)