Bad Start to HSC (1 Viewer)

shadowfold15

HSC
So last year I did the worst thing possible and that was to not try as much since I thought it was just Prelim. Now Im in yr 12 and I got bad results except for math and music in my term 4 assignments/exams. I kinda wish I didnt mess up that bad cause I need an 80 atar but now I think thats not possible no more. I got 39% in Bio, 45% in IPT Major Work (Im confused how i got that mark but im sure i atleast got 70 but going to speak to teacher when i get the major work back), 50% in Standard english, 70% in 2 Unit Advanced Math and 79% in Music. I have my exams in 2 weeks and all this term ived been studying to aim for 80-90% but Im starting to give up cause all of my studying/work is just making me fall asleep in class and im not writing notes in class etc. What should I do at this point since for me to get a 80% atar I need to get atleast 80-90% in all exams/assignments in my trials then smash hsc exams and If I fall under ill get around 70 (worked it out without scaling just raw mark). Im really scared as I want to do a Bachelors of Computer Science but I dont think its possible no more. Any advice to what I can do.

Mosski

HSC
If you do get below 80 just remember that depending on the University, you could still get accepted or you could do a bridging course. It's good that you've been studying consistently but remember to aim for 8 hours of sleep.

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Do your best and see what happens. Uni's have bonus points and early entry programs but you gotta generally be proactive about it. Also the ATAR is a percentile not a percent :). So you want to perform as well as the top 20% of the NSW candidature in in 2017 to get ur ATAR of 80, not get like 80% in exams and assessments (although try to do as well as possible)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)