Stuffed up maths exams (1 Viewer)

sarkar_as

HSC
Ok so I just got my maths results and I got 28/43 in 2U (65%) and 21/35 in 3U (60%). The average for 2U was 32/43 but the average for 3U was 25/35. I thought I did alright but exam nerves got the better of me as I made a lot of silly mistakes.

At the start of the year my aim was to rank top 10 in both but I'm ranked slightly below average in both subjects. Is it possible to still rank top 10 in both. The guys who ranked top 10 got above 90% in both exams and I'm fearing that I can now longer achieve top 10.

Also in Term 4 (term 1 of HSC) I got pretty much average marks for both. In total, the weighting of both exams combined are 30%.

What's pissing me off though is that one of my friends is top 10 and is acting all arrogant and making me feel even worse. He says he goes to tutoring and has already done all the content. I want to beat him at the end of the year to wipe that smirk off his face but that's going to be tough considering I already stuffed up 30% of my internal marks.

Also, my half yearlies (which account for 30%) start on the first week back in Term 2 (April 27).

cmxfi

HSC
sorry to be a pest by how do i make my own posts on this thing? thanks.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Ok so I just got my maths results and I got 28/43 in 2U (65%) and 21/35 in 3U (60%). The average for 2U was 32/43 but the average for 3U was 25/35. I thought I did alright but exam nerves got the better of me as I made a lot of silly mistakes.

Also, my half yearlies (which account for 30%) start on the first week back in Term 2 (April 27).
You need to look objectively at what may have actually gone wrong. Maybe more to it than just "silly mistakes". If you have an incorrect diagnosis, you are not going to help yourself. You of course do not have much time being now in Yr 12. You may need someone to help you, be he/she your teacher, friend or outsider. But he/she must be competent.

I can understand your frustration at your arrogant friend. But being angry in itself may not be enough to wipe the smirk off his face. His marks show that his maths is pretty solid. Besides, instead of worrying about him, just concentrate on how you can do better; this may require more than just working harder.

Hope things improve for you.

Last edited:

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
You got this bro, one or two exams getting just below average doesn't mean anything. Same scenario for me in 2U, got 60% for an exam where the highest was 97% and most people got over 80%, but I told myself I needed to work harder and better to achieve my goal. You can do it, trust me

sarkar_as

HSC
You need to look objectively at what may have actually gone wrong. Maybe more to it than just "silly mistakes". If you have an incorrect diagnosis, you are not going to help yourself. You of course do not have much time being now in Yr 12. You may need someone to help you, be he/she your teacher, friend or outsider. But he/she must be competent.

I can understand your frustration at your arrogant friend. But being angry in itself may not be enough to wipe the smirk off his face. His marks show that his maths is pretty solid. Besides, instead of worrying about him, just concentrate on how you can do better; this may require more than just working harder.

Hope things improve for you.
yeah your right it's more than 'silly mistakes', i was just trying to make myself feel better. i didn't study all the content thoroughly and didn't do all past papers available to me, i didn't study enough. thanks for the advice

sarkar_as

HSC
You got this bro, one or two exams getting just below average doesn't mean anything. Same scenario for me in 2U, got 60% for an exam where the highest was 97% and most people got over 80%, but I told myself I needed to work harder and better to achieve my goal. You can do it, trust me
thanks man ur right i have 70% of internal marks left. i still have time to get a good internal rank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)