Questions regarding atar estimate, half-yearlies and stress (1 Viewer)

buddyhield

HSC
Ok so I've gotten all my marks back for Term 4 last year and Term 1 this year. And I'm pretty much average for all my subjects, except for Physics and Maths were I'm below average. I do 3U Maths, Advanced English, Economics, Business Studies and Physics.

What atar do you think I'll get if I continue ranking average in all my subjects? My school is ranked in the low 30s.

Hopefully I can do well in my half-yearlies cause my goal at the start of the year was top 5 in each subject but that's looking harder to achieve with my ranks so far. In regards to weighting, I've done approximately 30% for each subject.

Is it still possible to get a 97+ Atar? (cause I want to become an actuary)

My half-yearlies start first day back of Term 2 and I'm aiming for at least 90% for each subject to boost my rank closer to top 5. When should I start studying and doing past papers? (my half-yearlies are on the 29th of april).

Also, everyone in my school, especially the smarter guys complain about stress and they sleep like 6 hours a night. I sleep 8 hours a night and I'm starting to worry and regret that I'm pretty much wasting 2 hours a day. Also, I've slept 6 hours a day a few times and I feel as energetic as I do with 8. The reason I don't sleep 6 hours is because I don't feel like doing much work and I'm lazy.

Also, I don't feel stress at all. Is that a bad thing? Because I feel like stress scares and propels students into studying harder while since I have no stress I don't feel like studying at all.

I feel like the half-yearlies will determine how I finish. I feel like to get above 90% in each subject I think to even dream about getting a 97+ atar.

fuzionx3

HSC
Sleep is the most fundamental component, as it allows you to consolidate and take in information in your classes the following day. 8 hours is good, whereas 6 in the long term can be harmful towards your health. Aim to use your time efficently and maximise the amount of content you take in within those hours, stop worrying about the ATAR and just aim to get as many marks as possible.

cmxfi

HSC
How do i make a post of my own? New to this.

GeorgeYLin

HSC
Believe me, you don't need 90% raw in each subject to get 97+ ATAR!! If you got 90 raw in every subject, you'd be pretty close to 99.95. Check out rawmarks.info, raw marks align upwards heaps so your HSC marks will be alot higher than the raw marks in exams. I believe you certainly can get 97+ ATAR (at least 60% of your HSC is still ahead of you), although you do need to try to gain some ranks in every subject.

Try doing papers as early as possible, even when you haven't revised all the content, because they will give you an idea of which areas are heavily examined or you're weak in and you should focus on. Do more papers as you get closer to exams. Make sure you mark them yourself and never repeat your errors.

If you don't feel good on 6 hours of sleep, just get your 8 hours. I always tried to sleep enough even during trials and HSC (although I know it's hard to resist the temptation to stay up).

Best of luck! :)

buddyhield

HSC
Believe me, you don't need 90% raw in each subject to get 97+ ATAR!! If you got 90 raw in every subject, you'd be pretty close to 99.95. Check out rawmarks.info, raw marks align upwards heaps so your HSC marks will be alot higher than the raw marks in exams. I believe you certainly can get 97+ ATAR (at least 60% of your HSC is still ahead of you), although you do need to try to gain some ranks in every subject.

Try doing papers as early as possible, even when you haven't revised all the content, because they will give you an idea of which areas are heavily examined or you're weak in and you should focus on. Do more papers as you get closer to exams. Make sure you mark them yourself and never repeat your errors.

If you don't feel good on 6 hours of sleep, just get your 8 hours. I always tried to sleep enough even during trials and HSC (although I know it's hard to resist the temptation to stay up).

Best of luck! :)
thanks for the advice. yeah i think i fall into the trap of only starting past papers when i feel like i've learnt most of the content and not on the way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)