Not feeling stressed? (1 Viewer)

buddyhield

HSC
Ok so I've finished pretty much all my exams for this term and my marks are actually average which isn't too good. I go to a low 30 ranked school.

But one of the things I've noticed is that everyone in my school, especially the smarter guys complain about stress while I don't feel stressed at all.

Is this something to be worried about? Because I feel like stress propels other people into studying harder.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Ok so I've finished pretty much all my exams for this term and my marks are actually average which isn't too good. I go to a low 30 ranked school.

But one of the things I've noticed is that everyone in my school, especially the smarter guys complain about stress while I don't feel stressed at all.

Is this something to be worried about? Because I feel like stress propels other people into studying harder.
It really depends on what your long term goals are. Why are you getting an ATAR? What degree do you want to get into? What university do you want to get into? Are you worried about people/family looking down on you?

Competitiveness is a significant factor in stress. Some people feel the need to be the best they can be, and lower marks indicate a failure of that.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Smarter people tend to stress more than others because they put too much pressure on themselves which in the long run, benefits them. You'll come across people that overdo their expression of stress just to put others off.

I also didn't feel stressed throughout the HSC year, even though I didn't ace it, I just wasn't stressed. Because I had already planned everything out and I knew if I followed it I couldn't go wrong. It's good that you're not stressing but don't let it reach the point where you're overconfident with yourself.

buddyhield

HSC
It really depends on what your long term goals are. Why are you getting an ATAR? What degree do you want to get into? What university do you want to get into? Are you worried about people/family looking down on you?

Competitiveness is a significant factor in stress. Some people feel the need to be the best they can be, and lower marks indicate a failure of that.
I'm aiming for a 97+ to get into actuarial studies but i'm not too worried about people looking down on me

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I'm aiming for a 97+ to get into actuarial studies but i'm not too worried about people looking down on me
So will you achieve that with your average marks? How average are they?

DeborahTriana

HSC
N/A
It's a good sign to see that you don't feel like stressed out for studies. That means whatever you study or learn you like it and love to learn in that way. but if you wish to score higher I would like to suggest go for planned studies and prepare a timetable for yourself.

buddyhield

HSC
So will you achieve that with your average marks? How average are they?
Ok so my School rank is around the Mid 30s.

Advanced English: 45/169
2U Maths: 24/110
3U Maths: 39/79
Economics: 14/40
Physics: 40/77
Business Studies 4/80

I don't think my ranks so far would get me a 97+? What atar do you think I'll get if I continue to get these kind of ranks?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Ok so my School rank is around the Mid 30s.

Advanced English: 45/169
2U Maths: 24/110
3U Maths: 39/79
Economics: 14/40
Physics: 40/77
Business Studies 4/80

I don't think my ranks so far would get me a 97+? What atar do you think I'll get if I continue to get these kind of ranks?
With your ranks, probably a 93-94. But if you improve on physics (which I'm sure you already know you do), then you'll achieve your goal.

buddyhield

HSC
With your ranks, probably a 93-94. But if you improve on physics (which I'm sure you already know you do), then you'll achieve your goal.
thanks for the advice. our school has 2 pracs for our first 2 assessments for physics and i'm pretty bad at pracs. the next assessment is the half-yearlies and i think i'm a lot better at theory

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
maybe you aren't stressed cos you shoot like curry and are big like klay

(pls someone get this reference)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)