60 days till trials and a 135 till the HSC. What should I be doing/have done? (1 Viewer)

Mathew587

HSC
Hey,
I've got 60 days till trials and (we've) 135 till the HSC.
What do you guys (those who have done the HSC) recommend that I/we should have done/ be doing right now? i.e. past papers, finished content, doing essays weekly? My subjects are in the sig. below btw.
I'm just a bit confused haha and I get nervous over small things so I'd love an answer.
Ty :)

p.s. I'm speak collectively in case of the HSC.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I've got 3 trials haha so one is this term so basically since we have assessments too I'm just learning the content for that mainly because imo knowing the content well comes first. For bio I handwrote my notes as we also had to do it for homework and the notes online don't go into depth sometimes and I love biology so researching in depth stuff was cool too.

English maybe practise some short answer timed or practise writing essays/improving writing speed.

Maths do some questions under timed conditions (get used to the stress) so 1.8 minutes per mark. If I'm stuck with a topic I would do questions sorted by topic or find all HSCs with that topic to try and understand it.

Basically if you're organised (I'm not which is why I'm studying right before trials but it's also because of assessments and homework) just finalise your notes now (personally for physics I just use tutoring notes or band 6 notes) and memorise them weekly (not whole course in like one weekend but maybe sections).

Just a study tip I found REALLY helpful for half yearlies since I was cramming 2 modules the night before, was printing the syllabus and highlighting every dot point u DEFINITELY know and can answer right now. Then just revise all the dot points that aren't highlighted. I just found it was wayyy more effective than revising every dot point even if you know some of them back to front.

tino101

HSC
Well, great i'm not gonna lie that number just gave me the shits.

Mathew587

HSC
NOooo way theres like 4 more papers after that
he meant that english is the worst subject for him (and many others) and once that's over, the others are subjects he actually likes and studies for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)