How is everyone going for prep on trials and HSC... (1 Viewer)

Snowflek

HSC
So how are you guys going?... What's your atar aim? :D
Im stressing my ass off so much at the moment... Im so stressed to the point i can't even study anymore... Just did a giraween past paper on chemistry... the long responses are fine but the multiple choice i got 14/20... Im so depressed atm... BUT its not time to feel depressed! Gotta keep pushing! Aiming for da 90 atar!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
We've already had one set of trials with minimal study due to being right after assessments, and it had the whole course! Had lots of late late nights but happy to get through it. These holidays have been pretty good with past papers but would've liked to do more, however CSSA is coming in week 3, mostly worried for english and maths.

Neil_

HSC
Yeah pikachu975 and I go to the same school. 3 trials...

Trial 1: 12/6/17-23/6/17

Trial 2 (CSSA): next term, week 3-5

Trial 3: next term, week 8 i believe

Then the HSC....

Is this country the only country that gives you so many fkin exams spontaneously. Yet countries like Canada and Finland rank higher in PISA with less strenuous systems...

:shoot: NESA

Last edited:

Snowflek

HSC
We've already had one set of trials with minimal study due to being right after assessments, and it had the whole course! Had lots of late late nights but happy to get through it. These holidays have been pretty good with past papers but would've liked to do more, however CSSA is coming in week 3, mostly worried for english and maths.
Nice nice nice!! You would be alright for english and maths!

Snowflek

HSC

Then the HSC....

Is this country the only country that gives you so many fkin exams spontaneously. Yet countries like Canada and Finland rank higher in PISA with less strenuous systems...

Lol you guys have it hard. Don't worry you guys got this!

tino101

HSC
Was feeling underprepared and hella stressed but then realised isnt everyone?

WildestDreams

HSC
How many trial past papers has everyone done so far?
I've only done about 5 and feel so bad :/

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
How many trial past papers has everyone done so far?
I've only done about 5 and feel so bad :/
We had a trial block already where I had no practice but since the start of the holidays I've done 22 but wanted to do more to be honest

Orwell

HSC

Then the HSC....

I don't understand how this works, mind explaining? The trial examinations you sat in June were for all subjects or for all excluding english and maths?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I don't understand how this works, mind explaining? The trial examinations you sat in June were for all subjects or for all excluding english and maths?
The trials in june (week 8-9) were for all subjects and the whole course for each one.

WildestDreams

HSC
The trials in june (week 8-9) were for all subjects and the whole course for each one.
So how much weighting does each trial have? Do they differ in difficulty?

We had a trial block already where I had no practice but since the start of the holidays I've done 22 but wanted to do more to be honest
SHIT. I'm really behind.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
So how much weighting does each trial have? Do they differ in difficulty?

SHIT. I'm really behind.
They go up in weighting, e.g. english is 15% 20% then 25%, bio is 10% 10% 20%, physics is 10%, 10%, 15% and so on. Also you're not behind (depending on when your trials are), we have our 2nd set of trials (CSSA) week 3-4 so decided to start preparing.

The Doozy

HSC
I'm sorry but having 3 trials is literally the worst system. Every students going to be burnt out by the time they hit the actual HSC. 1 trial is more than enough as you also have the half yearlies. 3 trials plus half yearlies is fucking stupid.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Don't burn out son
I thought about that while I was doing 3 papers a day in the first days of the holidays but then I swapped to only one a day so I've got 22 now. Just gotta stay motivated to study for the 2 more trials then study more for the HSC. Probably 3 a day in the weeks before HSC but between trials maybe 1-2 a day to not burn out.

What are you guys going to do since you just have like one trial in, e.g. week 3, for 8 weeks before the HSC? Study every week still?

ShootingDuck

HSC
Wow that's pretty crazy having 3 trials, no way I'd be able to handle that level of stress. I do intend to study every week after trials but I'd probably save all my energy 2 weeks before HSC since I don't want to burn out. Probably focus on math after trials since I'd be better of leaving the content heavy stuff/things I need to remember closer to HSC as I'm not really good at memorising stuff.

WildestDreams

HSC
Wow that's pretty crazy having 3 trials, no way I'd be able to handle that level of stress. I do intend to study every week after trials but I'd probably save all my energy 2 weeks before HSC since I don't want to burn out. Probably focus on math after trials since I'd be better of leaving the content heavy stuff/things I need to remember closer to HSC as I'm not really good at memorising stuff.
HOnestly though its better to start studying a week or two after trials, rather than starting immediately. I think then you'll just burn out then

ShootingDuck

HSC
While I do agree with WildestDreams about burning out, just like what pikachu975 said I could squeeze in more math papers. I'm not that talented at math so I have to expose myself to every kind of question possible multiple times to do as well in math as others that are more talented than myself. I am going to give myself the weekend to relax after my final trials test rather than going straight back to studying. It would be a wasted opportunity for me not to do 1 math past paper a day or so since there's so much free time for me between trials and HSC; nothing to demanding like cramming all my subjects every day. The only thing I got after trials is my speaking HSC exam for Japanese beginners which I'm absolutely dreading.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I've legit ran out of 4U papers, I only have a few independent/CSSA/NEAP papers remaining, finished all school ones (selective/private). I think it's fine to start the day after trials, just revising all of your subjects everyday helps a lot.
How many papers is that you've done?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)