Ranks, internal and external scores (1 Viewer)

hsc2k17

HSC
Hey everyone!

I was just wandering, is it really true that if you're ranked first internally, that you will also get the first mark externally no matter who in your grade scores it?

Last year, there were 2 cases in my school
1. Person A was ranked 1st in chemistry with 99 internally and B ranked 2nd with 92 internally. However, the external mark for Person A a was in the 70's/80's and ended up with a band 5, while Person B scored 90 and ended up with a band 6
2. Same thing happened with maths

So has this happened at any other school too?

(btw i thought it was not possible so i checked with like every teacher teaching those subjects and it turned out to be true)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone!

I was just wandering, is it really true that if you're ranked first internally, that you will also get the first mark externally no matter who in your grade scores it?
This is not the case.

A1P

HSC
If you're ranked first, your *internal* mark is adjusted (moderated) to = the top external mark.
Your own external mark is what it is, you don't get the top external mark as your external mark.

hsc2k17

HSC
If you're ranked first, your *internal* mark is adjusted (moderated) to = the top external mark.
Your own external mark is what it is, you don't get the top external mark as your external mark.
So if say, i get 92 internally and I'm coming 1st, and then in the HSC myself or a fellow student gets 99, will my mark be adjusted to 99? or close

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
So if say, i get 92 internally and I'm coming 1st, and then in the HSC myself or a fellow student gets 99, will my mark be adjusted to 99? or close
Just your assessment mark will be adjusted to 99.

hsc2k17

HSC
Thanks guys, HSC actually makes a lot more sense now and sounds so much more fair than i first thought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)