Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Atar estimate/marks required for 98+?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Atar estimate/marks required for 98+?

    Hello Guys!

    I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm new to all the HSC forums and such!

    My dilemma is that I've really got my heart set on undergraduate medicine! But I know a 98.5+ is required alongside a good UMAT score to be competitive.

    I've got trials in 3 weeks and as of now my ranks are (somewhat estimated bc I only know Sem 1 and Task 3 seperately and can't remember the exact number in each subject):

    Also my school is typically ranked around Top 5-10, leaning towards 5.

    English Adv: 2/180
    English Extension: 6/85
    Physics: 26/49
    Chem: 45/88
    Extension 1 maths: 68/136
    Extension 2 maths: 50/80

    I definitely think I can bring Phys and Chem up a lot in trials, I was previously 30th in Chem but a 2 mark slip put my T3 rank pretty low down. Im in the range for a b6 in MX1, not so much for MX2 lol. And my school is pretty shit at phys, decent at chem and good at english. Trials are worth 35-40% of everything.

    Is it possible to achieve around a 99?

    Thanks )
    Last edited by juskim01; 17 Jul 2017 at 3:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Member jazz519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Atar estimate/marks required for 98+?

    99 at the moment is diffucult but yes 98 is achievable with your ranks if you perform well in externals, but if you move up a few ranks in mx2 and Chem and go well in the hsc, you you have a good chance
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Techniques Sheet: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...-bus-94-a.html

    2015 - Mathematics: (96)
    2016 - English Adv. (97) | Chemistry (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)
    Atar: 99.7 Dux

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Atar estimate/marks required for 98+?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    99 at the moment is diffucult but yes 98 is achievable with your ranks if you perform well in externals, but if you move up a few ranks in mx2 and Chem and go well in the hsc, you you have a good chance
    I think I can def bring Chem and Phys up 10-20 ranks because the lowered rank is due to the prac task that I didn't do too amazingly in (where literally 1 mark separates like 15 people), mx2 ill give it my all, might manage to crack top 35 *prays* I'm hoping this + doing well in externals gives me a shot at 99. Also I saw you have amazing results!!! Can I ask how you studied for trials in the few weeks prior?

  4. #4
    Member jazz519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Atar estimate/marks required for 98+?

    Quote Originally Posted by juskim01 View Post
    I think I can def bring Chem and Phys up 10-20 ranks because the lowered rank is due to the prac task that I didn't do too amazingly in (where literally 1 mark separates like 15 people), mx2 ill give it my all, might manage to crack top 35 *prays* I'm hoping this + doing well in externals gives me a shot at 99. Also I saw you have amazing results!!! Can I ask how you studied for trials in the few weeks prior?
    I re-edited and updated notes and essays after each trial to improve them, read a lot of marking criteria from selective school papers to see what was needed for high marks and did lots of past paper questions
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Techniques Sheet: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...-bus-94-a.html

    2015 - Mathematics: (96)
    2016 - English Adv. (97) | Chemistry (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)
    Atar: 99.7 Dux

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Atar estimate/marks required for 98+?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    I re-edited and updated notes and essays after each trial to improve them, read a lot of marking criteria from selective school papers to see what was needed for high marks and did lots of past paper questions
    Ah sick, thank you! Hope I do anywhere near what you did!

  6. #6
    Member jazz519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Atar estimate/marks required for 98+?

    Quote Originally Posted by juskim01 View Post
    Ah sick, thank you! Hope I do anywhere near what you did!
    Good luck with your trials
    For Cheap High Quality Notes & Essays + Free Techniques Sheet: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...-bus-94-a.html

    2015 - Mathematics: (96)
    2016 - English Adv. (97) | Chemistry (93) | Maths (98) | 3U Math (48) | Physics (94) | Business Studies (94)
    Atar: 99.7 Dux

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •