Atar estimate/marks required for 98+? (1 Viewer)

juskim01

HSC
Hello Guys!

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm new to all the HSC forums and such!

My dilemma is that I've really got my heart set on undergraduate medicine! But I know a 98.5+ is required alongside a good UMAT score to be competitive.

I've got trials in 3 weeks and as of now my ranks are (somewhat estimated bc I only know Sem 1 and Task 3 seperately and can't remember the exact number in each subject):

Also my school is typically ranked around Top 5-10, leaning towards 5.

English Adv: 2/180
English Extension: 6/85
Physics: 26/49
Chem: 45/88
Extension 1 maths: 68/136
Extension 2 maths: 50/80

I definitely think I can bring Phys and Chem up a lot in trials, I was previously 30th in Chem but a 2 mark slip put my T3 rank pretty low down. Im in the range for a b6 in MX1, not so much for MX2 lol. And my school is pretty shit at phys, decent at chem and good at english. Trials are worth 35-40% of everything.

Is it possible to achieve around a 99?

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
99 at the moment is diffucult but yes 98 is achievable with your ranks if you perform well in externals, but if you move up a few ranks in mx2 and Chem and go well in the hsc, you you have a good chance

juskim01

HSC
99 at the moment is diffucult but yes 98 is achievable with your ranks if you perform well in externals, but if you move up a few ranks in mx2 and Chem and go well in the hsc, you you have a good chance
I think I can def bring Chem and Phys up 10-20 ranks because the lowered rank is due to the prac task that I didn't do too amazingly in (where literally 1 mark separates like 15 people), mx2 ill give it my all, might manage to crack top 35 *prays* I'm hoping this + doing well in externals gives me a shot at 99. Also I saw you have amazing results!!! Can I ask how you studied for trials in the few weeks prior?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I think I can def bring Chem and Phys up 10-20 ranks because the lowered rank is due to the prac task that I didn't do too amazingly in (where literally 1 mark separates like 15 people), mx2 ill give it my all, might manage to crack top 35 *prays* I'm hoping this + doing well in externals gives me a shot at 99. Also I saw you have amazing results!!! Can I ask how you studied for trials in the few weeks prior?
I re-edited and updated notes and essays after each trial to improve them, read a lot of marking criteria from selective school papers to see what was needed for high marks and did lots of past paper questions

juskim01

HSC
I re-edited and updated notes and essays after each trial to improve them, read a lot of marking criteria from selective school papers to see what was needed for high marks and did lots of past paper questions
Ah sick, thank you! Hope I do anywhere near what you did! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)