Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    2

    Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    Alright so, I'm so close to graduating but is there a chance that my school will repeat me? I have hardly turned up to Business and Society and Culture because my teachers are an absolute joke and I've learnt more studying by myself rather than me sitting there for an hour learning about nothing for 2 straight years. I do all the assignments though and finished my PIP. Opinions??? I don't need an ATAR as I've got a back up option with a diploma. And I know one option is to obviously turn up which I think would be a good idea now.

  2. #2
    Cadet Neil_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    Don't repeat! Honestly, if you feel as though you're learning more from self-teaching then continue to show up at school and continue to teach yourself at home. If you find that you don't need an ATAR, you could pursue a diploma at TAFE/College (if you're of leaving age i.e. 17).

    Besides, repeating bears no benefit. You're just going to endure the same feeling that you're feeling now for a longer period of time.


    1 term left, don't repeat.
    Last edited by Neil_; 19 Jul 2017 at 9:28 PM.
    HSC Search Engine:
    http://neilau.me

  3. #3
    Junior Member Snowflek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_ View Post
    Don't repeat! Honestly, if you feel as though you're learning more from self-teaching then continue to show up at school and continue to teach yourself at home. If you find that you don't need an ATAR, you could pursue a diploma at TAFE/College (if you're of leaving age i.e. 17).

    Besides, repeating bears no benefit. You're just going to endure the same feeling that you're feeling now for a longer period of time.


    1 term left, don't repeat.
    He's asking if the school will force him to repeat, not asking for advice if he should repeat.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    Oh no, there is no way I'm going through Year 12 again, I think I'd rather throw myself in lava.

  5. #5
    Cadet Neil_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflek View Post
    He's asking if the school will force him to repeat, not asking for advice if he should repeat.
    Oops, my bad for partially skimming.

    OP: Does your school have an assessment handbook/other assessment documentation? They may contain terms of 'N determination', the award your HOD gives to you saying you fail a subject, and are forced to repeat.
    HSC Search Engine:
    http://neilau.me

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_ View Post
    Oops, my bad for partially skimming.

    OP: Does your school have an assessment handbook/other assessment documentation? They may contain terms of 'N determination', the award your HOD gives to you saying you fail a subject, and are forced to repeat.
    No that's okay, I understand!
    Hmm, I do all my assignments on time, I think I just have an "N Award" for not turning up to class!

  7. #7
    Cadet Neil_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    If you haven't gotten any 'N determination' awards for any courses, then you should be fine. If many students are in the same boat as you, they won't do anything as they most likely won't force a bunch of people to repeat.
    HSC Search Engine:
    http://neilau.me

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Opinions and help????? Repeating??

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_ View Post
    If you haven't gotten any 'N determination' awards for any courses, then you should be fine. If many students are in the same boat as you, they won't do anything as they most likely won't force a bunch of people to repeat.
    More than a half of my grade is on the same boat as me at the moment, just so sick of it. But if they were gonna repeat me, wouldn't they ring my parents or notify me now? Unless they wanna be inconsiderate and tell me days before grad.. hahaha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •