Failing Advanced English (1 Viewer)

SG2000

HSC
N/A
I'm completely messing up english Advanced. We just got results back for our 3rd assessment task and I only got 55% (i've been doing just as bad in previous assessments). I feel like I try so hard for this subject and keep failing while other seem to easily do well. Trials are coming up in a week and I don't even know how to approach English anymore. Any advice?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Take on board their feedback or try change how you study e.g. change from memorising essays to memorising quotes. What feedback have you gotten in past tasks?

SG2000

HSC
N/A
I've gotten feedback that my understanding of the text needs to be deeper, but it's something I really struggle with I don't know how to express a complex understanding of my texts. I've also been told my response needs to be more cohesive.

Neil_

HSC
I've gotten feedback that my understanding of the text needs to be deeper, but it's something I really struggle with I don't know how to express a complex understanding of my texts. I've also been told my response needs to be more cohesive.
If the teacher said you need to show a deeper understanding of the text, that isn't useful feedback. Normally teachers will write little comments and draw lines to certain parts of the paragraph that need to be omitted or changed.

Do you use connectors like "additionally" and "on the contrary" to link ideas/paragraphs?

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the best thing you can do is to get someone to mark your essays-for free or for a price, perfect those essays and memorise and adapt it to the question to maximise your marks. Then after your trials and before your HSC, continue to work on perfecting those essays and practise better adapting to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)