Type of pen to use (1 Viewer)

Snowflek

HSC
Hey guys! For english, I like to write with my hands slanted as it allows me to relax and write a lot more faster with little muscle pain. However, sometimes the ink doesn't fully get printed so what pen do you recommend? Also, what pen do you use?

fuzionx3

HSC
I find the jet streams are really good for essay writing and highly recommend it! I just completed my two English exams and accomplished 2 1000 word essays in 80 minutes.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys! For english, I like to write with my hands slanted as it allows me to relax and write a lot more faster with little muscle pain. However, sometimes the ink doesn't fully get printed so what pen do you recommend? Also, what pen do you use?
I use muji because it's thin and light to hold as well as being comfortable to write with. I can write 900 words in 40 mins but I hold the pen really weirdly, no one else holds it the same so I guess my tight grip affects it.

I used to use jetstream which is pretty smooth but the pen is pretty heavy and tall so it's a bit slower but the main reason why I stopped was because the pen ink is thick so the teacher couldn't read my writing.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
BIC Cristal easyglide for exams

For general purpose BIC disposable fountain pen.

No Study

HSC
i use any pens i can get my hands on as sometimes i forget to bring stuff

however ive found the ones that they give out for free at dolton house can write 1600-2000 words in 40mins (this is for creative where your thinking is smooth that u can write non stop for 40mins) and in esays a bit less arround 1.2k words

sadly ran out of the dolton house pens so im using some papermate injoy gel 0.7 which allows u to write slanted and since its thick teacher can c ur writing :)

wouldnt reccomend going with "muji" pens as they are the proclaimed weaboo pens and every weaboo thinks that theyre godly pens just because they come from japan but in reality theyre just messy inky poorly made pens

ShootingDuck

HSC
I used to use BIC Cristal easyglide but I injured my wrist from too much writing(ironically it was math). The way I write was that I put too much pressure onto the page with most of my pen movement coming from my wrist rather than my whole arm. Recently I've been using Artline 200 Fineliner with a lot of success. Since its a felt tip pen I don't have to put any pressure at all for the ink to be visible. Though its still hard to get out of the habit of using my wrist a lot.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
i use any pens i can get my hands on as sometimes i forget to bring stuff

however ive found the ones that they give out for free at dolton house can write 1600-2000 words in 40mins (this is for creative where your thinking is smooth that u can write non stop for 40mins) and in esays a bit less arround 1.2k words

sadly ran out of the dolton house pens so im using some papermate injoy gel 0.7 which allows u to write slanted and since its thick teacher can c ur writing :)

wouldnt reccomend going with "muji" pens as they are the proclaimed weaboo pens and every weaboo thinks that theyre godly pens just because they come from japan but in reality theyre just messy inky poorly made pens
Try a pen before you trash talk it. It's not inky at all you can literally rub it right after you write it won't smudge. Why's it messy and poorly made?

sourmilk

HSC
I know a friend who used a fountain pen for her English exam. While impractical, it was smooth and enabled her to write real fast and it didn't ache her hand since the fountain pen's positioning allowed her wrist to like not die.

I recommend a pen that is light, I used a 0.5mm pen from Morning Glory and it worked fine.

No Study

HSC
Try a pen before you trash talk it. It's not inky at all you can literally rub it right after you write it won't smudge. Why's it messy and poorly made?
ive used muji pens before so im talking about it from experience lol? it literally drips ink so im not sure wat ur on about

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
ive used muji pens before so im talking about it from experience lol? it literally drips ink so im not sure wat ur on about
pikachu975 is talking about the retractable 0.7 ballpoint muji pen with the rubber grip which isn't inky and quite smooth to use/i write neater + my hand doesn't hurt much

Snowflek said:
what pen do you recommend?
if you write vvv slanted i'd recommend using inkjoys or retractable jetstreams!!!!

honestly just go to officeworks or a newsagent something and just try out all the pens there to see what's good since u never know until u try

Bennett Hadley

HSC
Pilot I prefer. But actually I don't quite care and I write with any pen I have inside my schoolbag LOL.

Ahlwong

HSC
I started using Muji's pens and they are fantastic. Ink is constantly coming out so everything gets printed when you right fast.

Bonus is they're refillable. The pen costs $1.50 at Town Hall. Would recommend heading there for some nice pens

duck4

HSC
I use Uniball Signo Gel RT 0.7 for exams and practice exams, whatever pens I can get my hands on for other stuff. My writing is much neater and faster (1200 words/40mins) when I use the nice pens :) Although recently I've had a couple of dodgy ones that have had air bubbles in the ink, and they get a little harder to use as they run out. On the whole I love them :)

No Study

HSC
pikachu975 is talking about the retractable 0.7 ballpoint muji pen with the rubber grip which isn't inky and quite smooth to use/i write neater + my hand doesn't hurt much

if you write vvv slanted i'd recommend using inkjoys or retractable jetstreams!!!!

honestly just go to officeworks or a newsagent something and just try out all the pens there to see what's good since u never know until u try
I mean whatever you guys say just telling snowflek the real advice because just because something is made in japan doesnt make it better than everything else.

ur location is literally writen in japanese so i dont think i have to say anything else regarding muji pens.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I mean whatever you guys say just telling snowflek the real advice because just because something is made in japan doesnt make it better than everything else.

ur location is literally writen in japanese so i dont think i have to say anything else regarding muji pens.
I don't see any comment regarding muji pens being good because they're made in Japan

No Study

HSC
I don't see any comment regarding muji pens being good because they're made in Japan
Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd. (株式会社良品計画 Kabushiki-gaisha Ryōhin Keikaku) (TYO: 7453), or Muji (無印良品 Mujirushi Ryōhin) is a Japanese retail company which sells a wide variety of household and consumer goods.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad

no like i feel, ik what you mean - some of their OTHER gel pens are super inky and are impractical in exam situations and have no grip

but like

I never said the one we meant was better than everything else just bc it was made in Japan!!!!

correlation does not imply causation!!!!

and dont discriminate just bc im a 12v w33b thankz vry much

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)