How can I best prepare for trials in a week? (1 Viewer)

sleep-deprived-skye

HSC
I know most of you will probably start with 'one week is not enough..' etc. etc.
Let's not go there.
I know I have made a grave error by procrastinating but I have one week to go and I've never really been all that great at studying so I would like to know what are some of the best techniques/tips you have for cramming?

My timetable goes like this:
Monday: English paper 1
Tuesday: Paper 2 (Advanced)
Wednesday: Visual Arts
Thursday: Legal Studies
Friday: Mathematics
~
Tuesday: History Extension
Thursday: Modern History

sida1049

HSC
Honestly there's not much to it.

Study the shit out of paper 1, paper 2, visual arts, legal and maths until you finish your maths exam. Then with the remaining time, study the shit out of the two history subjects. It sounds really straightforward. Because it is. Is it possible for you to still do well? Hell yeah. Just really work for it with the remaining time, and plan exactly which subjects you will study a day (always study two subjects a day, for the sake of efficiency).

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
lol dw 1 week is heaps. We had 3 days to study for our trials because we had a 25% physics assessment on a friday then paper 1 monday. Just have a lot of late nights to cram and don't give up. I don't know if coffee helps because I don't drink it but it could help if you wanna do an all nighter to cram something in.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
First, find yourself a set of notes. You can't be spending time researching the dot points.

Then, spend a bit of time summarising those notes into a super condensed form. I would recommend handwriting this, using diagrams and relevant equations.

Finally, just do past paper after past paper. That's the best way to learn; is to look at the actual questions you might be asked. Make sure you only do past papers with answers, and try every question even if you don't know how to do it. Use your handwritten notes whilst you're doing these papers, however try to phase them out over time.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)