Eng. Advanced (1 Viewer)

mudcake_soufle

HSC
My marks have been consistently dropping in year. 11 English :(
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, like I knew all my content but I just don't know how to adapt to a really specific stimulus question.
How do I improve, before 1st term of year. 12??

Is anyone willing to look over my practice essays?

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
My marks have been consistently dropping in year. 11 English :(
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, like I knew all my content but I just don't know how to adapt to a really specific stimulus question.
How do I improve, before 1st term of year. 12??

Is anyone willing to look over my practice essays?
Do you have a weakness in Essay Writing or creative writing (I suppose the former)

In English advanced, it isn't all about memorising essays and such. To be honest memorising essays is a risky move imo because they (the NESA) may ask you something which isn't covered in an essay (unless you memorise multiple essays which have covered all bits of the HSC English rubric for the modules and the AOS)

If I were you I'd have a list of themes, ideas, etc with quotes and start writing multiple practice essays as opposed to memorising essays and adapting them

mudcake_soufle

HSC
Do you have a weakness in Essay Writing or creative writing (I suppose the former)

In English advanced, it isn't all about memorising essays and such. To be honest memorising essays is a risky move imo because they (the NESA) may ask you something which isn't covered in an essay (unless you memorise multiple essays which have covered all bits of the HSC English rubric for the modules and the AOS)

If I were you I'd have a list of themes, ideas, etc with quotes and start writing multiple practice essays as opposed to memorising essays and adapting them

I understand, that's what I did for my assessment, but I am guessing that my error was that I didn't get them marked. It's just my teacher couldn't mark them as it was some school assesment thing, and I don't have a tutor either.

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
I understand, that's what I did for my assessment, but I am guessing that my error was that I didn't get them marked. It's just my teacher couldn't mark them as it was some school assesment thing, and I don't have a tutor either.

Try peer-marking with friends (swap essays, give feedback for each other) - with the right people, it should help you out a lot. And if you don't know how to adapt to specific questions, talk to other people about it!!!!! Get a list of possible questions/themes and discuss with others as to how each of you would approach the q, share your insights with each other, help each other improve and flesh out ideas/topic sentences!!!!!

but ofc this only works if ur friends arent snakes
:bomb:

mudcake_soufle

HSC
Try peer-marking with friends (swap essays, give feedback for each other) - with the right people, it should help you out a lot. And if you don't know how to adapt to specific questions, talk to other people about it!!!!! Get a list of possible questions/themes and discuss with others as to how each of you would approach the q, share your insights with each other, help each other improve and flesh out ideas/topic sentences!!!!!

but ofc this only works if ur friends arent snakes
:bomb:
Thank you, I will try this, just hope I'm getting accurate feedback, regarding what NESA wants

Jackzerippa

HSC
N/A
I believe in these steps;
1. Get it marked. Annoy the teacher. Chase them up at every possibility
2. Get back the feedback.
3. Rewrite the essay with the feedback and give it back to your teacher.
4. Get back the feedback
5. Rewrite the essay
6. Look at the essay and compare it to your last one. Look at what mistakes you made during this process.
7. Write another essay with all this in mind.
8. Repeat the process

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I believe in these steps;
1. Get it marked. Annoy the teacher. Chase them up at every possibility
2. Get back the feedback.
3. Rewrite the essay with the feedback and give it back to your teacher.
4. Get back the feedback
5. Rewrite the essay
6. Look at the essay and compare it to your last one. Look at what mistakes you made during this process.
7. Write another essay with all this in mind.
8. Repeat the process
Our school only lets us submit one draft per module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)