Engineering, HARDEST type? (1 Viewer)

cloud edwards

HSC
So I'm deciding what type of engineering to do, but I wanted to know which type of engineering requires a higher level of English and maths.

I've heard that Aeronautical engineering is one the hardest because it involves a lot of EXT 2 work, as well as electrical and civil with their complex numbers. But i wasn't really too sure on the less popular types of engineering like biomedical engineering which really isn't heavily explored. I know 'hard' might be a bit subjective, but which type(s) is typically the hard ones?

So, please rank from lowest to highest difficulty for engineering types.

sida1049

HSC
Are you asking about engineering degrees at university? If so, this is the wrong forum.

Nonetheless, every kind of engineering needs a lot of maths, and yes, you'll be working with the kind of maths students study in Extension 2, but higher. It's really hard to compare the difficulty between engineering degrees, because they involve different skills. Biomedical engineering needs biology and chemistry, while electrical engineering requires a lot of programming.

I'm sure there are other BoSers who can answer this question better than I.

Have a look at the degree structures and plans of various engineering degrees; that'll give you an idea of the subjects that are involved.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
hardest
1. electrical (elec, sola, phtn, etc)
2. mechanical streams (aero, mech, etc)
3. computer related (software, comp eng, compsci)
4. civil (lol is this even a real engineering)
easiest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)