HSC study tool for digital note taking devices (1 Viewer)

Do you own a digital pen note taking device?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

edbread

HSC
Hey all, i've been thinking about developing an HSC study tool that takes advantage of devices where you can use a stylus to write directly on the screen (eg surface pro, ipad pro). I'm curious how popular these devices are, does anyone here personally own one?

Specifically i'm thinking about subjects where there's a significant written problem solving element, like maths, physics, etc. Any interest in something like this?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
do you mean the student has a PDF of the file and they can use their device to edit/write on the file?

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all, i've been thinking about developing an HSC study tool that takes advantage of devices where you can use a stylus to write directly on the screen (eg surface pro, ipad pro). I'm curious how popular these devices are, does anyone here personally own one?

Specifically i'm thinking about subjects where there's a significant written problem solving element, like maths, physics, etc. Any interest in something like this?
a majority of my school does own a touch screen device (but the school forces macbook owners to buy wacom tablets+stylus) except most of us already uses microsoft onenote to write notes/draw diagrams

personally, idk why people would do that though, i mean i used to think tablets were really cool (i had no idea they existed until hs) so i did maths with a stylus in year 7 until I realised that it's always much faster writing on paper ( + my handwriting is already horrible, it was much worse on a tablet), and for other subjects it was much more convenient to type

but otherwise it was v useful to draw diagrams !!!!! it would be nice to be able to categorise specific sections of stuff written by a stylus and make it 'searchable' too i guess

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I own both a few pen devices - SP4, SP5, iPad Pro 12.9" with pencil and even a Wacom tablet. I find writing from scratch to never match pen/paper but it is convenient for marking up PDFs if you have decent software. So far, none are perfect but I use my iPad Pro pencil more than the others. Wacom tablet is hard to use when you can't see what you're writing on but I liked the shortcut keys and additional software features.

I tried using an iPad Air 2 9.7" before with a third party stylus from SGP but whilst I owned at Draw Something back then, it wasn't precise enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)