Is there enough time to get to a Band 6? (1 Viewer)

Jackthommy99

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm sitting at 91/120 marks in society and culture at the moment. I'm first in the course and was wondering if with the HSC exam and the PIP, would a good enough result in these areas get me to a Band six? Trials I got 44/60, the top for the class, I've been first for all tasks and the class marks are majorly spread. Top mark for trials 44, bottom 10. So I think I've pushed myself away.

Lumenoria

HSC
Well since you're ranking first internally, then you don't get affected by moderation as long as you smash your externals! If you do really well in that, then I'm definite a band 6 is within reach for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Well since you're ranking first internally, then you don't get affected by moderation as long as you smash your externals! If you do really well in that, then I'm definite a band 6 is within reach for you.

Everyone gets affected by moderation

Lumenoria

HSC
Everyone gets affected by moderation
Yeah, but from my understanding, if you rank first both internally and externally, then the performance of your cohort/moderation process won't affect you. Hence my implication of 'smashing' the externals, as OP is already ranking first internally thus will not inhibited by these 'large gaps' if he comes first in externals.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, but from my understanding, if you rank first both internally and externally, then the performance of your cohort/moderation process won't affect you. Hence my implication of 'smashing' the externals, as OP is already ranking first internally thus will not inhibited by these 'large gaps' if he comes first in externals.

Moderation is just adjusting the assessment marks so yeah it still happens to first and last

But yeah he can get a band 6 if he does well in externals

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Given you are first, assuming you smash the HSC it will certainly be possible!

cloud edwards

HSC
Given you are first, assuming you smash the HSC it will certainly be possible!
Quick question, given the current marks she provided, what mark(s) approximately would she need to get in her actual hsc in order to get a band 6 (90)?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Quick question, given the current marks she provided, what mark(s) approximately would she need to get in her actual hsc in order to get a band 6 (90)?
Doesn't matter about mark just the rank and since he's first then the assessment mark will be adjusted to the highest HSC mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)