flunked trials and ruined marks :( (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
here are my current weighted marks + rankings is it still possible for me to get a 90+ atar??

advanced english: 89.5 (1/11) , btw my mark for english was 95 before trials ughh
Society and culture: 94 (1/4)
Modern history: 80.4 (1/13)
Chemistry: 53 (8/19) chem cohort is bad , highest mark is in 90s tho
Biology: 83.86 (2/12)

these marks arent good i procrastinated really bad around trial time and pretty much only had a day each to study for society, biology and modern , which obviously wasnt ideal and is shown through my marks. I know my atar is about 83 at the moment but can it become a 90+?????????????

Last edited:
HSC
50% of hsc is all about rankings, which you seem to have covered minus chem.

With those marks currently i reckon you'd get into the mid 80s easy, just need to work on chem though.

zeee1999

HSC
50% of hsc is all about rankings, which you seem to have covered minus chem.

With those marks currently i reckon you'd get into the mid 80s easy, just need to work on chem though.
yeah chemistry is my worst but do you think if i get 77 or so in the hsc and increase my modern mark to 90 which i know i can do that my atar would be 90 or so??

blackbird_14

HSC
yeah chemistry is my worst but do you think if i get 77 or so in the hsc and increase my modern mark to 90 which i know i can do that my atar would be 90 or so??
*aim for the moon and if you miss you'll still be in the stars* (well actually you'd be stuck in the vaccum of space but...) aka try your best and you won't regret the final number at the end of the year.

Chem is defintely the subject you really really have to work on. Otherwise it'll drag all the others down. If you could get your modern and bio mark to above 90, then its a possibility that you'd get over 90, if your chem mark at least gets in the band 5 range. But I'm not the best at atar predictions/adivce, so be free to take this with a grain of salt :) :D

zeee1999

HSC
*aim for the moon and if you miss you'll still be in the stars* (well actually you'd be stuck in the vaccum of space but...) aka try your best and you won't regret the final number at the end of the year.

Chem is defintely the subject you really really have to work on. Otherwise it'll drag all the others down. If you could get your modern and bio mark to above 90, then its a possibility that you'd get over 90, if your chem mark at least gets in the band 5 range. But I'm not the best at atar predictions/adivce, so be free to take this with a grain of salt :) :D
yeah chem is something i really dont like and got stuck with , i know i can (hopefully) get 90 for english , modern and maybe bio plus im confident that i can put my mark up for society to about 96 or more bc its my easiest subject , its just chem is dragging everything down atm ideally id be happy with a 80 for it but right now that seems like its not going to happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)