How possible is it to bump up atar by 10 points? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I got my final atar estimate from school and I'm pretty disappointed. In past years I've heard it has been accurate.

If I work my butt off for HSC, how possible is it to raise up my atar?

My estimate is 87 and I would like over 90 at least.

Any help is appreciated thank you!

lorddoan007

HSC
N/A
Yes there is, what school do you go to? If its in the western Sydney area, you're mostly likely to get bonus points. In addition, universities gives out extra bonus points if you do a particular subject, what course you want to do in uni and what band you get in your HSC (Band 1-6)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It's possible but probably not 10 points if you want to go from 87 to 97 thats pretty much impossible because you would probably need to get a high to mid band 6 in subjects for the external for it to balance out with the lower internal, anyway estimates can be off if they come from ur school because sometimes they just compare like last years results to the rank of a student and assign you the same mark, which doesn't really accurately predict how you will do since the quality of the cohort could change. Just do your best with studying and you should do well

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I suppose technically it is possible, given that the externals HSC exams are worth 50% of your ATAR and if your cohort performs extremely well your internal assessment mark will also be bumped up.

Shoot for the moon and study hard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)