Is it still possible? 3 x 3 Compressed system (1 Viewer)

Sincerity-

HSC
So my school does the compressed 3 by 3 system and im doing 5 subjects in total.

This year i wasnt prepared at all i had many problems like my fear that lead me to procrastination the whole year and i also have learning difficulties. Only just 1 week ago i've had some motivation and created a study plan but the thing is that the whole year i've felt like i've done nothing understood nothing learnt nothing.

So my real question is that basically im only doing 2 HSC subjects this year ( and another 3 next year ) Im doing General Maths and Economics. As i said before my Main problems are Fear that lead to procrastination over the whole year and Learning difficulties And other problems that i have that i dont want to talk about (im currently with a psychologist). (I want you to keep that in mind).

Is it still possible to get a 80+ (Economics) and 90+ (Gen Maths) With just this span of time? HSC is close and I really dont know where to start. e.g. how many hours a day? how to understand things easier? etc.

If you can help me i'd appreciate.
Thx :(

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Just work as hard as possible. Considering you only have 2 subjects, the next few weeks are heaps of time! Possibly dedicate 1-2 weeks of studying content for both since you have a learning difficulty then do past papers.

What's the 3x3 compressed system?

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Just work as hard as possible. Considering you only have 2 subjects, the next few weeks are heaps of time! Possibly dedicate 1-2 weeks of studying content for both since you have a learning difficulty then do past papers.

What's the 3x3 compressed system?
Im pretty sure he is talking about a model used by some schools where the allow students to learn the whole prelim + HSC content of three subjects over the period of one year (i.e. in year 11, similar to how you had accelerated subjects) and then they do the same case for the next year. In his case however he could call it a 2x3 compressed model.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it is definitely possible youll need to put in a lot of work in though of course. There are alot of people going through similar experiences and dealing with 5 or more subjects in one year for HSC. Work your butt off, also check if any parts of prelim will actually be a part of studying for the HSC. Im assuming for general maths you will really have to study for over Prelim but for Economics i dont think you need to worry too much so just make sure you dont end up focusing on the Preliminary content and study only what you want to. Also as Pikachu said, just do alot of past papers following a revision of the content and make sure you put yourself under exam conditions it will help alot. Im sure you will procrastinate still but just think about it theres only a short amount of time so all you can really do is work and focus as hard as possible and you will achieve your results, after this small amount of time you can relax alot.

I should also go study... hope this helped :read: :read: :read:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)