Am i allowed to do this in a HSC Exam? (1 Viewer)

stopcrying

HSC
During the reading time of my English Advanced Paper 2 Trial, i detached the pages that my questions were on and folded them up into rectangles so that i could easily see them all at once on my desk. It made it made it much easier to move from one question to another as i did not have to look for it again. Is this allowed in the HSC?

blackbird_14

HSC
From http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.a...uide-students/rules-and-procedures-guide-2018 :

"You will have set reading time for each paper. During this time, you must not write, use any equipment, including highlighters, or mark your paper in any way. If you are allowed a dictionary, you can read it but you can’t write on or mark it during reading time."

So perhaps you're fine doing that. I creased/dog eared the pages that my questions were on, because that Paper 2 is ridiculously big to search through. Though, the actual HSC paper is printed on thicker paper (if i remember right), and it might be more difficult for you to detach your questions.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
From http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.a...uide-students/rules-and-procedures-guide-2018 :

"You will have set reading time for each paper. During this time, you must not write, use any equipment, including highlighters, or mark your paper in any way. If you are allowed a dictionary, you can read it but you can’t write on or mark it during reading time."

So perhaps you're fine doing that. I creased/dog eared the pages that my questions were on, because that Paper 2 is ridiculously big to search through. Though, the actual HSC paper is printed on thicker paper (if i remember right), and it might be more difficult for you to detach your questions.
Wait why would someone require a dictionary!?!

sida1049

HSC
I think you are probably allowed. If they didn't explicitly say that you can't do it, then you should be able to. During one particular maths exam I sat at uni, the exam supervisor stated that you're not allowed to use your nails to make marks on the paper (e.g. underlining) during reading time (lol). But yeah, use your best judgment. The worst thing that can happen is your paper getting replaced. I think you should be fine.

Wait why would someone require a dictionary!?!
Probably for languages. I think they provide you with a dictionary in those exams.

D94

HSC
N/A
During the reading time of my English Advanced Paper 2 Trial, i detached the pages that my questions were on and folded them up into rectangles so that i could easily see them all at once on my desk. It made it made it much easier to move from one question to another as i did not have to look for it again. Is this allowed in the HSC?
This could be considered intentionally marking your paper, i.e. the crease is a mark to the paper. So I would say don't do it.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
This could be considered intentionally marking your paper, i.e. the crease is a mark to the paper. So I would say don't do it.
And it'll take you like max 20 seconds to find your question it won't impact you. You can use the time ripping and folding to formulate plans for your essays.

red152

HSC
In tests with multiple choice questions, I mark the answer I think is correct with my finger nail. Would that be allowed?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
In tests with multiple choice questions, I mark the answer I think is correct with my finger nail. Would that be allowed?
If they see you, no it's not allowed. Counts as marking on your paper.

blackbird_14

HSC
And it'll take you like max 20 seconds to find your question it won't impact you. You can use the time ripping and folding to formulate plans for your essays.
I agree with this, planning arguments/figuring out what quotes and related Texts to use is what reading time is for, and as your flicking through finding your questions, stick your finger there to mark the page, then when reading time is done, fold them or something and then start writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)