Is anyone else feeling lazy towards the HSC or is it just me? (1 Viewer)

Eric11588

HSC
idk why but i feel lazy towards the hsc and i do like 1-2 past paper a day, 3 if im lucky. but i always wonder off to facebook or any other websites

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
idk why but i feel lazy towards the hsc and i do like 1-2 past paper a day, 3 if im lucky. but i always wonder off to facebook or any other websites
Quality over quantity. 1-2 a day is good and 3 a day is even better but quality > quantity still. I reckon quantity is just better for maths.

Sp3ctre

HSC
Oh yeah I get distracted so easily now simply because we get to stay at home, my time management is horrible and I'm only getting like half a paper done each day xD

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Oh yeah I get distracted so easily now simply because we get to stay at home, my time management is horrible and I'm only getting like half a paper done each day xD
Try close all of your social medias and download stay focused as a google extension to block the sites you get distracted by. Also try do papers timed.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah that happens towards the end of the year, it's okay to spend some of the day doing like that stuff, but just make sure you power through this boring part cause the HSC exams can really destroy or improve your ATAR and you don't want all your effort throughout the year to be wasted

Sp3ctre

HSC
Cheers mate that could really help xd

(That was meant to be a reply to pikachu)

Eric11588

HSC
im starting to do like 1 or not even close to finsihing 1 paper now. Like im so tired. is it cause i didnt get enough sleep? like i sleep at 11pm and wake up at like 10ameven though i wanna wake up at 7:30 am or 8 am.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
im starting to do like 1 or not even close to finsihing 1 paper now. Like im so tired. is it cause i didnt get enough sleep? like i sleep at 11pm and wake up at like 10ameven though i wanna wake up at 7:30 am or 8 am.
Might be anaemic or deficient in something. Get a blood test. Alternatively you might actually require that amount of sleep.

Mathew587

HSC
nah its cos your sleeping patterns messed up. sleep at 11-12 and wake up at 7-8. if you can't ask your parents to yell at you.
get 2-3 subjects a day and focus on those starting from revising notes if you haven't. once you finish that, jump onto paper and do 2-3 a day and just go through your mistakes.

Might be anaemic or deficient in something. Get a blood test. Alternatively you might actually require that amount of sleep.
you probs wont need a blood test but try take those multivitamins even if they're for kids cos they'll give you the boost you may need in small doses. my dad who's a pharmacist told me that

ShootingDuck

HSC
I'm definitely feeling lazy, mainly because it's all revising and I'm kinda sick of studying the same stuff over and over again. I feel like I'm not using my time as well as I should be.

What I've been doing is wake up early and force myself to study (I use the pomodoro technique) so at least i can get it out of the way as early as possible while I'm still somewhat motivated and not tired. At least then I can do around 4.5-5 hours a day. (1 hour of english, 2 for 4u, 2 for Bio; fitting in a little bit of Japanese in between)

I do recommend waking up early and developing good sleeping habits, as least then you don't accidentally oversleep if you got a morning exam. And hey if you do study early, you can get it out of the way straight away and enjoy/relax the rest of the day; you don't want to burn yourself out.

jjHasm

HSC
I used to feel tired also just like you, despite getting plenty of sleep. For me, my c. rythm was screwed. Use http://sleepyti.me/ <-- that website. This website + a bit of motivation = good quality of sleep and energy throughout the day - well for me atleast. You might be waking up in between sleep cycles and that leads you to be groggy and unmotivated for a portion of your day. Personally, after trials I just crashed and indulged myself in games tv shows etc. to the extent where id be going sleep at 4am waking up at 1pm and still feeling like crap. That link will tell you what exact time you should be in bed, and when to set an alarm, according to your preferences. But ye, in just a few days, with a bit of motivation, now waking up at 5:30am and going sleep 10, feeling refreshed every morning, no naps needed throughout the day.

jjHasm

HSC
I used to feel tired also just like you, despite getting plenty of sleep. For me, my c. rythm was screwed. Use http://sleepyti.me/ <-- that website. This website + a bit of motivation = good quality of sleep and energy throughout the day - well for me atleast. You might be waking up in between sleep cycles and that leads you to be groggy and unmotivated for a portion of your day. Personally, after trials I just crashed and indulged myself in games tv shows etc. to the extent where id be going sleep at 4am waking up at 1pm and still feeling like crap. That link will tell you what exact time you should be in bed, and when to set an alarm, according to your preferences. But ye, in just a few days, with a bit of motivation, now waking up at 5:30am and going sleep 10, feeling refreshed every morning, no naps needed throughout the day.
But ye this ^^^ and also good nutritional diet. Coco pops for breaky aint the way

Infernal3

HSC
I've been somewhat lazy throughout the year, so I'm now more motivated to put in the extra effort to study. Though I haven't been doing much past papers so I'll have to get on to that.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I got super tired for my HSC especially when it was getting really close to my final exam, I'd say figure out a way to fight it healthily because you don't wanna start the bad habit of doing no study at all after an exam because you feel 'burnt out'.

For experience sake I did truck through and manage to study as much as I could during this preparation period and the HSC period and afterwards the break was well deserved :D

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I agree, sleeping in 1 hr 30 multiples allows you to get an integer number of REM cycles which means you won't wake up in the middle of one and hence feel groggy.

Also it's too late to do this but some other sleep schedules such as biphasic, siesta, everyman, etc, break up sleep into different times which has been proven to help with insomnia and other health problems. However the 2 weeks till HSC isn't enough time for your body to adapt so it'd be too late.

Mathew587

HSC
I agree, sleeping in 1 hr 30 multiples allows you to get an integer number of REM cycles which means you won't wake up in the middle of one and hence feel groggy.

Also it's too late to do this but some other sleep schedules such as biphasic, siesta, everyman, etc, break up sleep into different times which has been proven to help with insomnia and other health problems. However the 2 weeks till HSC isn't enough time for your body to adapt so it'd be too late.
yeah idk what any of those words mean. tbh just go sleep at a normal time everday for the next month, run and eat healthy. probs should have done this shit a while ago :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)