Glandular Fever? (1 Viewer)

Vossy121

HSC
Hey guys, so about two months ago before trials I got glandular fever, which sucks, and now I think it’s coming back.... I have my 2u maths exam on Monday and i don’t know what to do. I cannot concentrate at all. I went to the doctors today and go blood tests. The results will only come in on Monday... what should I do???

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Probably try your best to sit the exam and submit a sickness form

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a similar experience, got really sick before the first set of assessments, but you just have to try to study effectively (on topics you really need to) and try rest as much as possible by getting at least 8 hours of sleep, because less sleep while being sick will only make it worse.

If it is possible to sit the exam, then do that and fill out a form for the illness (assuming your school will have one) and hopefully you can get some type of estimate or increase over the result you getting sitting the exam

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
What will happen if I don’t sit the exam?
it would probably vary per school, since some schools have like different exams u can sit, while others just give you an estimate based on future assessments. You would need a doctors certificate anyway though (get one which states the exact condition rather than just saying ... is not fit for study)

Vossy121

HSC
I got one for today but I thought it only applies for the DAY of the exam

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
So best case option I would say is sit the exam and then afterwards go to the doctor

Vossy121

HSC
Okay thank you so much, any tips on how to study while I’m like this..

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay thank you so much, any tips on how to study while I’m like this..
Just try to do as much as you can but don't like reduce sleep time (maybe taking some panadol or something before studying might help). I would probably just cover the main areas and if you have been paying attention throughout classes you will probably be fine since it is maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)