Bachelor of Business - Missing ATAR points (1 Viewer)

Mohambi

HSC
As you may know, the ATAR cutoff for this course (Bachelor of Business) is 65. If a person were to receive an ATAR score of 63, would the person still be able to make it into the course? Or at least have a slight possibility?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Depends on how many people apply for that course.

So if not as many do and they have a bunch of spots, they may give you an offer in the main round but most likely one of the late ones

theodore0307

HSC
What I did last year was call UWS and they put in your student no. In their system and can tell you if you can get bonus points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
As you may know, the ATAR cutoff for this course (Bachelor of Business) is 65. If a person were to receive an ATAR score of 63, would the person still be able to make it into the course? Or at least have a slight possibility?
Yes, you would be able to make it into the course.

Students with ATAR's of 60 have been offered the Bachelor of Business course at UWS in recent years (they put Business at UWS as their #1 UAC selection).

Mohambi

HSC
Would it be likely for the person to receive an early offer into the main round? Or is it more likely that the person would receive a position in the second round?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
More likely to receive an offer in the main round

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Would it be likely for the person to receive an early offer into the main round? Or is it more likely that the person would receive a position in the second round?
What atar did you get?

A 63 could get a main round offer if demand wasn't that high as I stated in my initial post. But if you don't get main you're very likely to get a late round offer. Could even get an early offer tbh if you're lucky just make sure it's 1st pref

Mohambi

HSC
I received an atar of 52.35. I also receive an extra 5 points for being in a low SES area and also another 5 points from WSU.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh in that case then it is looking less likely

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
also have you looked into wsu college?

pretty sure you do 1 year of whichever diploma is most relevant to you, then you go into your 2nd year of the relevant course so you wouldn't be wasting any time

Mohambi

HSC
also have you looked into wsu college?

pretty sure you do 1 year of whichever diploma is most relevant to you, then you go into your 2nd year of the relevant course so you wouldn't be wasting any time
Yes, I've looked into WSU college (Diploma of Business), but it can be quite expensive. Would there be any other options at this point?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Yes, I've looked into WSU college (Diploma of Business), but it can be quite expensive. Would there be any other options at this point?
I still think you have a shot at late rounds (ifff your lucky maybe main, bc with bonus points you're only 3 points below the cut off)

what was your business studies mark? (assuming you did that lol)

Mohambi

HSC
I still think you have a shot at late rounds (ifff your lucky maybe main, bc with bonus points you're only 3 points below the cut off)

what was your business studies mark? (assuming you did that lol)
I'm also still hoping for a chance at late rounds. Would you have any idea when they notify me if I have made it into the late rounds? I don't want to go into WSU college then be notified if I've made it into the late rounds, it would feel like a complete waste of money and time in the long term.

I received a mark of 73 for business.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I'm also still hoping for a chance at late rounds. Would you have any idea when they notify me if I have made it into the late rounds? I don't want to go into WSU college then be notified if I've made it into the late rounds, it would feel like a complete waste of money and time in the long term.

I received a mark of 73 for business.
go to uac website - on the home page there is a timeline that lists all of the late rounds, there's a fair few

and oh bc sometimes you can try and get in based on getting a high mark in a subject relevant to the course but idk whether they would consider that decent or average (no offence, you did great I'm just trying to be legit with you and help)

you could always email and ask about alternative entry. go to the alternate entry part of their site and I bet they have more specific info/an email or number you can contact for more clarification.

Mohambi

HSC
go to uac website - on the home page there is a timeline that lists all of the late rounds, there's a fair few

and oh bc sometimes you can try and get in based on getting a high mark in a subject relevant to the course but idk whether they would consider that decent or average (no offence, you did great I'm just trying to be legit with you and help)

you could always email and ask about alternative entry. go to the alternate entry part of their site and I bet they have more specific info/an email or number you can contact for more clarification.
Okay, thank you very much for all the assistance.

theodore0307

HSC
Call UWS and see if you got any bonus points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machination

HSC
I received an atar of 52.35. I also receive an extra 5 points for being in a low SES area and also another 5 points from WSU.
Can i ask what was that "Being in a Low SES Area" which gave you 5 bonus points is? Is that the Regional Bonus Points?
And you also said 5 points from WSU. Is that from a Subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)