WSU Law Transfers and Offers (1 Viewer)

Shenanigan

HSC
Hi everyone. 1st question. The Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws course at WSU was advertised to have a cutoff at 95. However, according to last years statistics, most got in averaging with about 83 ATAR. (Source-http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/nsw-universities-taking-students-with-atars-as-low-as-30-20160125-gmdvr6.html) If I get an ATAR of around 70-75 with 10 bonus points (EAS scheme and location), would you think that I'll be offered a place?

2nd question. Say if I wanted to transfer to UNSW or USYD after the first year to study for the same double degree would I have to start fresh from 1st year or would what I have studied from WSU be accounted.

Thank you so much!! :jump:

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone. 1st question. The Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws course at WSU was advertised to have a cutoff at 95. However, according to last years statistics, most got in averaging with about 83 ATAR. (Source-http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/nsw-universities-taking-students-with-atars-as-low-as-30-20160125-gmdvr6.html) If I get an ATAR of around 70-75 with 10 bonus points (EAS scheme and location), would you think that I'll be offered a place?

2nd question. Say if I wanted to transfer to UNSW or USYD after the first year to study for the same double degree would I have to start fresh from 1st year or would what I have studied from WSU be accounted.

Thank you so much!! :jump:
Yes you can transfer and yes you will have to repeat all law units. Usyd doesn't allow any exception to law units but you will get your business units credited (usually).

I had 1 guy in my law cohort who transferred from UWS and all I can say is that he definitely did not perform well even though he underloaded. That's strictly anecdotal but I would like to emphasise, whatever you learn at UWS and whatever your exams test - usyd/unsw will be a lot different (especially usyd exam and law markings - 85 gets you pretty much top mark).

Elixir

HSC
1) Yes.
2) Probably not - but you can definitely check for UNSW: http://credittransfer.unsw.edu.au/ not sure about usyd sorry.

If you don't make it into either USYD or UNSW for law don't be discouraged. Follow your passion my friend.

iamtheone

HSC
Hi Shenanigan,
For Question 1. An ATAR of 70-75 will not be sufficient to enter a law degree at Western Sydney. I would assume that you would need an ATAR above or around 80 to gain an early entry place or direct entry.
For question 2. Depends on the faculty for your other degree, but Law units are generally hard to prove credit transfers. I would prepare all your assessments, learning guides and textbooks ready to go on hand.

Good luck on your HSC, and you can always ease into a law degree by picking a different degree then combining it with Law the following year. This is easy to do in uni's such as Macquarie and UWS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)