I hate first years! (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Fucking first year fucks.

Carparks, unishop, unibar.......they fucken take them all over.

Grrrr

Ninga

HSC
Everyone was a first year once. But not everyone gets to be a fifth year, booyah!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Tulipa said:
we're not all hysterical fucknuts. stop generalising. stop complaining, thats fairly immature for a third year (?)
STOP STEALING PARKING SPACES!
STOP MAKING US WAIT AT UNISHOP!
STOP MAKING US LOOK HARDER FOR SEATS AT UNIBAR!

I remember when I was doing work over summer, I could sit anywhere at unibar. :( I miss those days already.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
poloktim said:
STOP STEALING PARKING SPACES!
STOP MAKING US WAIT AT UNISHOP!
STOP MAKING US LOOK HARDER FOR SEATS AT UNIBAR!

I remember when I was doing work over summer, I could sit anywhere at unibar. :( I miss those days already.
:(

i havent done any of those things

i've only been on the benches near some gorgeous pond out the back of the arts buildings. and taking up space in that nectar place's coffee line(?outside the communications building).

oh and unishop is insane. when i went the other day though the five people in front and behind me were second or third years.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Without Wings said:
but no i dont hate you'se, i just get very bored standing in line for 10 mins surrounded by first years saying how exciting uni is and "what cool things" it has :p when i really wasnt ever enthusiastic about any of it...
That's the fun part! You get to tell them what these cool things really are. "We've got a bar!" "That ups its prices whenever possible." "We can buy beer!" "From taps that seem like they're rarely cleaned." "We don't have to go to class!" "Then don't." "It's easy!" "Just wait."

nwatts

HSC
You guys have some serious issues. I don't think it's right to group students by their year. More, by their faculty. *casts aside all boring non-CA students* :p

HSC
I do agree that some first years are way too enthusiastic and excited and bubbly. Why are people getting so excited that the uni has shops and it is like its own little village (as said by a friend from school) - you should have known about this before hand and gotten excited in your won time instead of boring me with your ramblings. And I see this even though I am a first year

I did get a email from my sister who works at a uni complaining that undergraduates are noisy and a pain in the arse, so we all could be annoying without realising it

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I think what annoys me most is that at the beginning of each year, the new first years still hang on to their high school mentality.....the stick in packs. Im sure I could deal with first years easily when on their own or in pairs, but the fact that they arrive everywhere in huge packs is probably what pisses me off the most.

Oh, and the whole carpark thing. I only ever have trouble finding a parking spot at the beginning of the year, and it seems its because every single first year drives in their first couple of weeks.

There's a nice little balance at my little uni, and the first years always manage to root it up for the first 6 weeks.

Unrelated issue: does anyone know why the different carparks now have different prices? ie maximum in western is $3.00, and maximum in the unicentre park (the one by unihall) is 6!

Ninga

HSC
Yeah, the parking prices stem from last year i guess. All the red car parks are more expensive, cos the permits were double the cost of the yellow parking, which was only the western car park.

Meh, first years are always good for a perve, cos they dress to impress the first few weeks....hahahaha :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ahhh its to do with parking permit prices ay? I see, I see. Well I prefer western anyway cos its closest to MacKinnon where I spend all of my time.

Scanorama

HSC
lol I didn't even bother to get my unicentre card today, not like im going to buy any book soon. The card is NOT cool, its so annoying. They should go back to last year where we didn't need the card to get the discounts.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't mind the whole unicentre card thing. I bought (paid by my parents of course) $600 worth of books and so I now have $21 worth of rebate....handy when I don't have any cash on me at uni!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
MiuMiu said:
I don't mind the whole unicentre card thing. I bought (paid by my parents of course) $600 worth of books and so I now have $21 worth of rebate....handy when I don't have any cash on me at uni!
Whats the deal with the unicentre card? On Tuesday I bought a drink and the chick scanned it... today I bought a drink and a different chick didn't scan it.

Scanorama

HSC
MiuMiu said:
wait, with the rebate, you still have to pay the full price, and they will store the discount as a credit for future purchases?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Scanorama said:
wait, with the rebate, you still have to pay the full price, and they will store the discount as a credit for future purchases?
I think you get a discount and a rebate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)