2006 Garden Party 18+ :( (1 Viewer)

MandiMoo

HSC
Is this for real is it really 18+?

I mean i kno it says it is but when i went to the o week party that was 17+ and there was a 16 yr old chick in there and the guy at the door also gave me a band (that yellow thingy around ur wrist) which i presumed meant i was 18+ and he saw on my id i was only 17.

I really want to go to the garden party but dont want to buy a ticket then get there and they tell me to go away because im only 17?

This question is based for people who have previously gone to the garden party, r they heaps strict on age and stuff...?

Also if your not sure do u reackon i should buy a ticket and risk not being allowed in?

any other comments u want to post on how good/bad/awesome garden partys have been would help me in my decision.

Ta

Mandi

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
18+ is 18+, they check ID, so give up now. Simple. Next problem?

Ninga

HSC
And its a good night. Its the most packed the unibar/unihall/duckpond lawn will get all year, so you'll be bound to have some good times with some random people.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I had a friend who was barred in first year cos she wasn't 18 yet. Don't waste your money.

I guess you can thank your parents for sending you to school that year earlier...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'd really like to go but I just can't get home afterwards unless I don't drink, which defeats the purpose of going in the first place.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha i know that 16yr old girl

you got a wristband even tho u werent 18? oooh badass

i am thinking iam not gonna go cause 25$ is alot of money, like nearly a case of beer and i dont know how good it would be.

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
what is the garden party anyway? and why is it so expensive?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Marcus Aurelius said:
Whats this garden party?
See all those gardens scattered around campus? They grew during the summer, and are not supposed to be there. Happens every year.

Instead of paying for gardners and crap, the uni just throws a massive party that is restricted to the garden areas (a 'garden party' if you will). The mass of people/alcohol/vomit is usually more than enough to keep the weeds/flowers in check until the beginning of the next year, when the ritual is held once again.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Bah, way to tell the truth Without Wings.

Also, after much deliberation, I've decided that I'm coming to this. Woooo party.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
MandiMoo said:
Is this for real is it really 18+?

I mean i kno it says it is but when i went to the o week party that was 17+ and there was a 16 yr old chick in there and the guy at the door also gave me a band (that yellow thingy around ur wrist) which i presumed meant i was 18+ and he saw on my id i was only 17.

I really want to go to the garden party but dont want to buy a ticket then get there and they tell me to go away because im only 17?

This question is based for people who have previously gone to the garden party, r they heaps strict on age and stuff...?

Also if your not sure do u reackon i should buy a ticket and risk not being allowed in?

any other comments u want to post on how good/bad/awesome garden partys have been would help me in my decision.

Ta

Mandi

poor mandimoo

i have a few things to say 2 u...

1 - let us never speak of that 16 (and/or 12) year old person again...*evils*
2 - u will not be able to get in, the end, so even though dean got a free ticket, u should not bother going
3 - on the same night, gyroscope, grand fatal and angela's dish are playing at yallah, instead of wasting ur money and then not getting in, just go 2 this gig......and make dean come and then u can drive us both so we can drink and u can be the 17 year old designated driver, now i like the sound of that :D

pinoying

HSC
im givin garden party a miss for the yallah gig... go the dish!

that $25 can go towards beer.

over and out

dawso

HSC
pinoying said:
im givin garden party a miss for the yallah gig... go the dish!

that $25 can go towards beer.

over and out

well...once u buy a ticket for the gig....and pay the booking fee, ull have $5 for beer......but it will still kick garden party's arse :D

pinoying

HSC
hah! truth.
meh... i went to garden party last year. it was a blur. ended up stoned and dancing in a tent full of people playing bongos... strange.

yeah been lookin forward to yallah on thurs. should be tops.

Koray

HSC
AS i play for university youth socccer team our coach is making thursday shorter so people can attend the garden party lol.

DeanM

HSC
dawso said:
poor mandimoo

i have a few things to say 2 u...

1 - let us never speak of that 16 (and/or 12) year old person again...*evils*
2 - u will not be able to get in, the end, so even though dean got a free ticket, u should not bother going
3 - on the same night, gyroscope, grand fatal and angela's dish are playing at yallah, instead of wasting ur money and then not getting in, just go 2 this gig......and make dean come and then u can drive us both so we can drink and u can be the 17 year old designated driver, now i like the sound of that :D
hmmm i think she will have some objections for that idea... when mandi does turn 18 then it looks like we'll have to catch a taxi home from every outing :( atleast we've got afew months of a designated driver :p

right mandi ? :p

dawso

HSC
Koray said:
AS i play for university youth socccer team our coach is making thursday shorter so people can attend the garden party lol.
looks like ill be seeing you on saturday then, hehehe

Koray

HSC
11.30 to be precise what you gonna do watch or play?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)