how to get there? from Macquarie Fields (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
how do i get to wollongong uni from Macquarie fields? that's between/near Campbeltown and Liverpool.

:confused: what's the fastest and most cost effetive waY?:( and how long would it take and also how much would it cost?~

ive checked out the website right. and all i get is that to get from:

Campbeltown to Wollongong it costs $8.90 (cant find train timetable)

Mac Fields to Campbeltown : $3

Mac Fields to Wollongong: $10.90

Wollongong to Uni : 60c ? or 20 min walk

Alriight.. here's my problem... if i go from Mac Fields to Camp then to wollongong .. dat means i would have to take a train and 2 buses maybe :(

if i go from MacFields to Wollongong then i would need to take a ride on the train all the way to wolli creek station which would take like an hour/ half hour and then switch trains to go to Wollongong station which would take ages...

sooooooooooooo.. mayb Wollongong Uni is out for me cause i wouldnt want it to take like 2 hrs and $10 just to get to my uni every single day! unless i was willing to stay on campus.. which i duno cause my parents might not like it :(

but Wollongong sounds like such a good uni and with quite low UAI requirements too *sobs* ~

chip

HSC
if your at macquarie feilds catch a train to campbelltown change trains to the wollongong train and then catch a bus to the uni thats the best way

i dont know why you would have to go to wolli creek

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
u cant change trains ! theres a huge gap between wollongong and campbeltown ~ that u can only cross using a bus trip.. i checked on the train map :(

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, public transport to uni from that region sucks. Best option is to catch the bus from C'town station to Wollongong and then a bus from there to the uni. Try and contact busways for the times and other info etc. There's nothing train wise unless you want to mess around heading citybound so you can change lines.

Sam

samboh
HSC
guess ur only option is the trains...

but if ur really opting to go to uow then there's nothing much u can do about it.
unless u rent somewhere.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
or worked out a similar timetable with someone who goes there so you could bludge a ride from them....

Tocatina

I travel on trains a lot around sydney (cause they're cheap) and I believe that the best way is to get train from Macq Fds to Wolli Ck, then train to Wollongong.

Sam

samboh
HSC
u can catch a train from wolli ck to wollongong? didnt know that.....

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Nah, you can't. If you went to Wolli Creek from Mac Fields, then you'd need to change at either Hurstville or Sutho to get down to Wollongong. Plus, Wolli Creek is a 'how ya goin' station.. Trains don't always stop there (Obviously they do if your on the East Hills-Airport line, but the Illawarra line, they don't always stop.) So, unless you wanted to catch 3 trains and a bus, you'd be better off going to Central and getting on the inter-city trains from there. They're usually platforms 7 and 8 that go down to the Gong if I rememeber correctly.. It's about 1 hr 15 mins from Central to Wollongong City (but you get off at Fairy Meadow or Nth Wollongong for the Uni, dontcha? not that it makes a huge difference..) So it would take you a fair while to get to the Uni.

The train goes Syd. Terminal/Central, Redfern (sometimes), Hurstville, Sutherland, and then onto the south line... So, if you can get a bus to any of thoes places.. I know buses go from Bankstown/Milperra but I'm pretty sure thats as far as they go from to get to Hursvtille..

Maybe you would be better off getting a bus from Campbelltown.. Or even moving to Wollongong. ;) On Campus is pretty cheap.. comparitivly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)