uow accommodation (1 Viewer)

Benno

HSC
Hi there, my friend is staying at one of thr colleges, RJC. He says its the best of all the colleges there, it may be a bit more expensive, but it is the only one where you get your own bathroom, and it has the best food, according to him. They get pissed lots, and have shitloads of fun.

http://www.uow.edu.au/about/accommodation/rjc/

dick dick's we never pull out early.
apparently

sek94

Hey, i go to Wollongong uni and am at International House which i think is a lot better than RJC. It is closer to the uni, and has apartments (which i'm in) which have everything, and are cleaned for you too. In campus east you also get your own bathroom. RJC has really small rooms.

ro

well well well! a debate at hand!

sam can u put in? are u living off campus?

like i mean less of this.. i hear blah is best. more a list of positives and negatives from ppl there themselves.

Sam

samboh
HSC
i'm living off campus....
only thing that's different from living off campus is that i gotta cook dinner... but thats not often since i'm usually out for dinner or something like that.
and u gotta clean urself...

but ey that's what living away from home is all about

sek94

Weerona is pretty good- close enough to the uni and has a free bus service to and from the uni. Weerona and I-House are a lot like each other (except for the mutual rivalry between them). I haven't heard what the food is like- i know that campus east food is a little under par....If you want to cook for yourself I-House apartments are that way to go. That's where i am and i love it.

StJoeysGal

im hoping to go to wgong uni next yr... n im livin at home that way mum cooks, cleans and washes.. i dun have to do jack...
and its all FREEEEE!!

Sam

samboh
HSC
usually people go to homestay just as a startin point for livin away.... and its usually the internationals that stay with homestay...

some people find it good.. others find it unsuitable cos some homestay parents seem strict to them...

so they move out... and find somewhere else to stay.

holl

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I put Weerona first on my accomodation prefs, what is it like?
We stayed at Weerona when we went to the UOW discovery day. Its pretty good. You dont get your own bathroom but its good otherwise. There are little common rooms for the people who live in each block, which was good and then a big common room for everyone there too.

holl

I have an interveiw at Weerona tommorow. Is anyone else going for interveiws?

holl

They asked stuff about extra-cirricular activities and community involvement.
The toughtest question was "What can you bring to the college", I just blabbed on about how i'm friendly and helpful and because i'm from the country i will be able to understand how the other country students might be feeling and be able to support them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)