Windows Vista and Internet (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Hey has anyone had any luck conecting to the UOW wireless through Windows Vista?

I don't have it, but i've been trying to set it up on a few computers and it doesn't work....

Anyone got it working?

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
it doesn't work as far as I know, I had problems last semester, dunno about this semester though.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The wireless has been doing dodgy things this semester anyway :\

jflores

HSC
I had a lot of problems with Vista connecting to the network. It only worked in building 17 and 20.

xiphias

HSC
it seems that the computers i have seen including my own Macbook where not getting an IP Address for the default gateway, if you manually include this you should be able to get out onto the interent.

It's something worth trying to find out how to fix because most laptop manufactures are now moving to vista and for people getting shiny new laptops it sucks not being able to use them at Uni, lucky i have OS X to use as a backup :p

-jason

Ramteen

HSC
yep its possible, my laptop works like a charm and i have no problems whatsoever. I ran into this guy ben, in the gaming machines room and he helped me out, actually told me theres only few ppl who know how to do it, and yeah i was lucky to meet him that day :p he did something with my registry editor and fiddled with some settings, and bam it worked :p

gotta ask him how he did it next time i see him

dt673

HSC
registry modification does the trick.

ITS will NOT modify the registry for you, potential for damage ect ect.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

use it if you understand what your doing, get someone who knows what they are doing to help you otherwise.
you can do SERIOUS damage to your OS with regedit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)