Early Entry (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Hey who applied for early entry? If so, how did ur interviews go?

Certainly was a busy week with graduation, early entry and getting scholarships stuff in...

zagga20

HSC
Well, I applied for a B Engineering / B of Science(Physics), I talked to the 'Sub-Dean' I believe his title was.
My interview went fine, he told me:

"You should get into physics, but youll need to work harder to get a double degree"

So i'm hoping that a 'yes' for physics... which I will quite happily settle for.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I went for the same thing. My marks were high and all, but they only recommended that i went for the double with physics if i have a genuine interest in research and stuff. A BE (civil) gives enough knowledge to secure a job.

Cause i went well in economics he actually recommended i think about BE/B Commerce which i am highly considering. But yea, i was fair confident- i thought they were fairly nice. Im just hoping for guarranteed into civil for now.

Only got a bit stuck on 1 question they asked me-

"do i fix my car when it has a problem?"- and i accidently slipped out- "No, my dad does..." lol

anywayz...any1 know when we find out the results?

zagga20

HSC
I got told, 'A week or two", so who knows :/

Aslong as you get a gauranteed entry into one of the courses, you can always transfer yourself to a double degree later on.

I suppose it would give an easier first year that way too.

HSC
zagga20 said:
I got told, 'A week or two", so who knows :/

Aslong as you get a gauranteed entry into one of the courses, you can always transfer yourself to a double degree later on.

I suppose it would give an easier first year that way too.
I suggest that if you want to do the double degree with engineering apply for engineering, it is much easier to transfer from there to the double degree if you're willing to work hard. You should get into most streams, even if you don't get the uai.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
So...any1 currently doing BE/B Comm at UOW? Any thoughts? What comm major you choose?

benedict

HSC
hey
i applied for bachelor of Arts and communication and media studies for early entry at Wollongong Uni.
Cant really say how i went but we find out within 10days.
Fingers crossed!!
Wat UAI are you expecting?
:)

hungphan

HSC
N/A
i applied early entry for bachelor of mathematics.i got 88% maths 3 and 70 maths 4 in trial exams .Worry about the other subjects!Can anyone suggest something?does it depend on other subjects?

HSC
hungphan said:
i applied early entry for bachelor of mathematics.i got 88% maths 3 and 70 maths 4 in trial exams .Worry about the other subjects!Can anyone suggest something?does it depend on other subjects?
you will get in.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
hungphan said:
Congrats id also say ur in as i knew people who had way lower marks for math and got in. You shouldve applied for B.mathematics (advance) or b.Mathematics and finance/economics with those math marks.

Good luck to all applying

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
i applied for b mathfin however i dont think i got in. The dude didnt seem impressed that i hadn done 3/4 unit. Still, i thought i had a chance with 96 in 2 U and high band 6 in all other subjects including physics, chem, economics and adv. english.

any1 think thye got into maths and finance?

imprsiv

HSC
I had too cancel my early entry interview. Had Graduation the same day :\

HSC
Cookie182 said:
i applied for b mathfin however i dont think i got in. The dude didnt seem impressed that i hadn done 3/4 unit. Still, i thought i had a chance with 96 in 2 U and high band 6 in all other subjects including physics, chem, economics and adv. english.

any1 think thye got into maths and finance?
lol you'll get into b mathfin anyway, the uai cutoff is 82.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
imprsiv said:
I had too cancel my early entry interview. Had Graduation the same day :\
Thats not good, you couldve rang them up and changed the date...early entry is an important thing even more important then your graduation ceremony..

Dannyd

HSC
I applied for bMath Finance and eco. The lady said they dnt take many ppl but so im not expectin much. My marks were.
Eco- 92---1/14
PE-90-----1/20
Bio- 89-----4/28
Math- 90----- 2/30
Math ext- 31/50-------6/17
English advanced 78------ 15/59

Big80smullet

HSC
Im hoping to get into a bachelor of arts next year. IM not sure of my UAI cause i did it in NZ in 03, but im doing a course from next week at Wollongong college and if i get good enough results i'll get guaranted entry.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Dannyd said:
I applied for bMath Finance and eco. The lady said they dnt take many ppl but so im not expectin much. My marks were.
Eco- 92---1/14
PE-90-----1/20
Bio- 89-----4/28
Math- 90----- 2/30
Math ext- 31/50-------6/17
English advanced 78------ 15/59
I got guarranteed into B Mathfin today and i only did 2U maths- i reckon u will definately have got in!

Im gonna have to hit up some 3/4 Unit after the HSC so im not too far behind- math 187/188 dont look freindly

hungphan

HSC
N/A
i got B of Maths guaranteed.and from now i'll try my best for advance maths.How r u goin' guys?anyway,good luck in the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)