Enrolment Days (1 Viewer)

jest3r

HSC
I read in the UAC booklet that enrolment of new students commences from the 29th of January to the 1st of February. Anyway, I'm flying out on holiday for a week on the 30th of January, and I was just wondering if I can get everything associated with enrolment done on the 29th. I'm really not too sure how it's all going to work, so a little guide as to what goes on during enrolment would be appreciated.

~Thanks

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
from what i remember last year, all you do is go on the 29th and everything is done. Of cause later on you can you'se your online uow account to enrol in subjects/ tutes etc.

HSC
each faculty has nominated different enrolment days...so say commerce one day, engineering on another, law on another day, etc. and you *have* to go to them on that day. just ring up the faculty and just explain your situation. they are usually adamant you go on the right day because they give you all the handbooks and enrol you in and do everything. but give it a try anyway. if you can't go to this you can always do late enrolment you just might have a shit timetable.

jest3r

HSC
Cheers, I guess we'll find out the dates for each faculty in the mail.

dt673

HSC
give the faculty associated with your degree a ring.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Me and my mates are fair screwed in this situation. We fly out on the 28th for a holiday and dont return until the 4th of feb- we had no idea of these days when we booked the holiday. IVe asked uni advice etc and there is no way that we can enrol prior to the date or allow someone to enrol for us.

Looks as though im facing late enrolment which sucks as i dont live close and really need to go to uni only once each day!

dt673

HSC
wait until you try to set yourself a good timetable. especially if your with commerce, TPS is somehow affiliated with satan.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Without Wings said:
In regards to your timetable and you 'needing' specific times that's really just life - there are lots of people who want particular time table structures for various reasons. You just have to settle for the best one you can get (and that won't always be your first preference). A lot of faculties use online tutorial enrolment, which means that you attending late enrolment may not disadvantage you in regards to having a chance to get the times you want for classes.
Many subjects also use a first-come-first-served system. Other subjects assign tutorial times to students, it is then up to the student to request a change for any reason (work, clash, etc).

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, really depends on the subject/degree. Most Arts subjects use online tute enrolment that doesn't open until like the week before Uni starts, all I did on enrolment day was put in one subject, which is enough to 'enrol', I added/chopped/changed later, and then eventually tute enrolments came up.

Then of course you have the great fun of attempting to log onto SOLS at 8:31pm on X day to attempt to get the 'good' tute for your class, with 400 other people.

kennychan222

HSC
I don't understand Why UOW doesn't establish a System for on-line enrolment, over 65% of uni. use online enrolment system so that all students can enrol easily without trouble due to location.

Me for example, I celebrate Chinese New Year in Hong Kong at the begining of February, and I will arrive in WOllongong on 17/2...I have no choice but to request for late enrolment...

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Must you celebrate the new year. You should be able to enrol into uni during the late round offer enrolments, but of cause contact the uni first.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
kennychan222 said:
I don't understand Why UOW doesn't establish a System for on-line enrolment, over 65% of uni. use online enrolment system so that all students can enrol easily without trouble due to location.

Me for example, I celebrate Chinese New Year in Hong Kong at the begining of February, and I will arrive in WOllongong on 17/2...I have no choice but to request for late enrolment...
Because they need proof of citizenship? This should be obvious.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Its sheets of evidence which has your marks, institution of study etc that the uni has accepted you on the basis of. For example u finish tafe and u get accepted to uni on the basis of your tafe completion +marks and they go bring your tafe transcript, which has your marks, which tafe u study at and proof of your achievement.

If anyone else can explain it better please do, LOL.

HSC
They asked you to bring that stuff? All I brought last year was birth certificate and passport and that was just to make sure it was me. But if they really really want transcripts what Kebabci Oglu mentioned is probably about right.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Reason why they want so much from Kenny is because his an international student and was accepted on the basis of his marks which were from overseas, hence they would need evidence i guess.

kennychan222

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
Reason why they want so much from Kenny is because his an international student and was accepted on the basis of his marks which were from overseas, hence they would need evidence i guess.
I've said I am NOT AN INTERNATIONAL Student. Instead I am a Local Student same as you who applied this uni. via UAC as non-year 12. (I used overseas year 12 qualification, so I need to bring my transcripts and my passport)

Last edited:

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
kennychan222 said:
I've said I am NOT AN INTERNATIONAL Student. Instead I am a Local Student same as you who applied this uni. via UAC as non-year 12. (I used overseas year 12 qualification, so I need to bring my transcripts and my passport)
Well to the uni your no different then an international student, because you were accepted on the basis of your OVERSEAS qualifications (education etc) and since its Hong Kong its very international.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
i feel sorry for anyone who gets kenny in group assignments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)