Is it enough for admission to UOW for Aussie non-year 12? (1 Viewer)

kennychan222

HSC
I have 3 qualifications for admissions. I am a Domestic Student applying through UAC.
a)GCE A-levels (Physics in AS: C, Biology: E, Chinese: B and Chemistry: D )

c) 0.5 years attendence of a Bachelor Course at the Open Uni. of Hong Kong.

UAC is unable to tell me that but my ranking should be Fine...Plus my signature display Science at UOW is my first preference but its UAI is 70..isn't?

I want answers..thanks.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
UOW accept english good like you!

kennychan222

HSC
Yeah! At least I've passed English Proficiency..but the UAI of UOW is at least 70...University admission Ranking is equal to my UAI (Converted from my grades)...My ranking may be higher because I attended 0.5 years of an Uni. in Hong Kong before....UOW accepted my attendence..

kennychan222

HSC
As you see my signature, my intended degree is Science (Environment)....

Hey, I don't know whether UOW accepts a series of Professional Qualifications. Such as STAT, Vocational experience, Commissioned Officers and other related qualifications, (ABRSM Grade 8) Music, dance and speech and drama qualifications and Language Qualifications.

Since I completed ABRSM grade 8, my uni. rank (UAI) should be higher and higher if UOW accepts it.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Contact UniAdvice to make sure they accept them. Don't think 'maybe' because you'll get your hopes up.

cutlery

HSC
kennychan222 said:
As you see my signature, my intended degree is Science (Environment)....

Hey, I don't know whether UOW accepts a series of Professional Qualifications. Such as STAT, Vocational experience, Commissioned Officers and other related qualifications, (ABRSM Grade 8) Music, dance and speech and drama qualifications and Language Qualifications.

Since I completed ABRSM grade 8, my uni. rank (UAI) should be higher and higher if UOW accepts it.

Hey mate, I applied directly to UoW rather than going through UAC, I used the STAT multiple choice test as my entrance criteria, which was sufficient by itself. Already got my offer. What science major are you aiming for?

Also to help put your mind at rest a bit, it seems through my chats with the UoW admissions staff and whatnot, that Science isn't a very popular degreee there and they dont usually get a completely full intake of students for it, so I think you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
kennychan222 said:
Environment is my major study and it's my favourite. So what are the most competitive courses in UOW? Maybe Medicine. Just asking and I wanna know that.
Pretty much every course if you dont study for it, but i think science would be ok as long as your interested. My friends do it and they love it hence go really good in it.

kennychan222

HSC
Yeah! As Minimum UAI of UOW is approximately 70.00, I will be fine even if I almost approach the value. Most Science courses are only 7x. If only they also accept my professional qualifications other than formal Eduation.

Hey My first preference is a new course, UAI is unavilable for 2008 entry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)