Double Degree - how many hours/days a week? (1 Viewer)

racheyx

HSC
I'm starting the double degree Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Creative Arts in 2009 and am wondering how many days a week I will be at uni, so I can start thinking about getting a job and whatnot.

racheyx

HSC
Thanks, but I'm don't know what the subjects are, and I can't find that information. Ehhh. I don't need it to be specific, but doing a double degree, am I generally looking at 4 or 5 days a week or more like 3?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Doing a double degree doesnt require more hours a week necessarily, you still do 4 subjects a semester like a single degree, but your degree duration extends by a year.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
racheyx said:
Thanks, but I'm don't know what the subjects are, and I can't find that information. Ehhh. I don't need it to be specific, but doing a double degree, am I generally looking at 4 or 5 days a week or more like 3?
All the information you need is there. You need a certain amount of credit points from one degree and a certain amount of credit points from the other. Click on the links to the single degrees for a list of subjects.

I had a quick look at the contact hours and it looks like most of the subjects have 3 hours per week, but at least a few I saw had 4... so you might be looking at between 12 and 16 hours a week. Depending on when they are scheduled you could make that as little as 2 days or as many as 4, it just depends. That is why I gave you the link to the timetable so you could look it up.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
I've been working out my timetable. I'm doing a double degree as well; B Science (Physics) / B Mathematics. My timetable so far goes over all five days, but two of the days have only an hours worth of work. Basically, if all goes well and I can change those subjects then I will have three full days of study, maybe four.

Some double degrees (such as mine) actually do have more subjects per semester. My degree has 9 subjects a year, in order to finish the entire degree half a year earlier, as opposed to the regular 8.

racheyx

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
All the information you need is there. You need a certain amount of credit points from one degree and a certain amount of credit points from the other. Click on the links to the single degrees for a list of subjects.

I had a quick look at the contact hours and it looks like most of the subjects have 3 hours per week, but at least a few I saw had 4... so you might be looking at between 12 and 16 hours a week. Depending on when they are scheduled you could make that as little as 2 days or as many as 4, it just depends. That is why I gave you the link to the timetable so you could look it up.
No idea how to work it all out yet, my mind is still raped post-HSC.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Js^-1 said:
I've been working out my timetable. I'm doing a double degree as well; B Science (Physics) / B Mathematics. My timetable so far goes over all five days, but two of the days have only an hours worth of work.
Not all subjects have the same or even similar contact hours though. The last time I did 4 subjects I had 11 contact hours and a friend of mine in a different faculty had more than 20.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Yeh it all depends on what subjects you're doing. I suggest (to the OP) going to the website and figuring out what subjects you need to do, and when they are on. The make a timetable with all that info on it. That will tell you exactly what you want to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)