Accom. When Studying At Loftus? (1 Viewer)

Von-Dyke

HSC
Hey me again..

I've been going through the stickies/UoW website, and i can't find any information of advice of where to actually stay when studying Education at wollongong? The course is held at the Loftus Campus, how far a drive is that from Campus East?

Any advice would be muchly appreciated

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Which Education course are you looking at? As far as I can tell, only the Bachelor of Mathematics Education and the Bachelor of Science Education are currently only at the Loftus campus, everything else is offered through the main campus. According to the Loftus@UOW website Courses Available - Loftus @ UOW those two courses are moving back to the main campus as of next year, when I presume you will be commencing.
Therefore it looks like there will be no Education at Loftus, you will be at the main campus, therefore you have the normal accomodation options available to you, detailed at Living @ UOW - High School - High School @ UOW .

As to the spirit of your original question, if you were insane enough to stay at Campus East and study at Loftus, you're probably looking at a 40+ minute drive, not taking peak hour into account, and I'd recommend staying somewhere in the Sutherland Shire instead.

Edit: I just noticed you're looking at the Bachelor of Science Education, in which case, you be looking at the main campus for 2010. See the above link for the Loftus Courses Available page. Feel free to contact them and confirm this though.

Last edited:

repmetogold

HSC
Von-Dyke, no enrollments will be taken for BMathEd and BSE as of the end of this year. That said, even if there were, there is no available accommodation near the campus (unibased that is). If you were to get on campus accommodation, this would be perfect as 2010 is the first year that that these degrees are running out of main campus.

Glad to see that there are some kids interested in Sci/Maths education out there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)