Creative Arts Interview Letter 09 (1 Viewer)

cole-

HSC
N/A
I applied for an interview for Bachelor of Creative Arts - Creative Writing, and we're supposed to have gotten our interview whatever letter on the 16th.

I haven't received a yes or a no response yet and it's freaking me out.

I was wondering if anyone else had yet and whether it was via mail or e-mail.
Thanks.
:eek:

harryc

HSC
Yeah, me and two of my friends applied for Creative arts (two of us for Creative Writing) and are still yet to recieve any form of notification on interview dates and stuff. I wanna hurry up and find out, so I can get a move on with sending my portfolio down...

cole-

HSC
N/A
Wait, you haven't sent your portfolio yet?
That was supposed to have been sent already, isn't it?
I sent mine a few weeks ago.
..Now trying to find the page where it told me to do that.

cole-

HSC
N/A
Oh no. 31st.
"If you wish to undertake a Bachelor of Creative Arts, Creative Writing, you need to post or email a portfolio of your work to the Faculty by 31 October 2009. Your 10 – 12 page portfolio must containing several examples of the kinds of writing in which you are interested. Please clearly identify your full name on all pages of your portfolio."

Well I guess it's better to get it over and done with.
Express enthusiasm and whatnot.

=/

harryc

HSC
What adress (email or postal) do we send it to? I can't find it anywhere on the UOW site.

JesseMatheson

HSC
This is from a PDF I found

*BACHELOR OF CREATIVE ARTS, CREATIVE WRITING

Creative Writing Portfolio:
If you wish to undertake a Bachelor of Creative Arts, Creative Writing, you need to post or email a
portfolio of your work to the Faculty by 6 November 2009. Your 10 – 12 page portfolio must
containing several examples of the kinds of writing in which you are interested.

Faculty of Creative Arts
School of Journalism & Creative Writing Email: fca_enquiries@uow.edu.au
University of Wollongong
WOLLONGONG NSW 2522

The subject of your email should be as follows – Your full name, Creative Writing Submission.
Please clearly identify your full name on all pages of your portfolio.

The Creative Writing interviews review your written submission, but you may bring additional relevant
material. Please come prepared to talk about your writing - your experience as a writer, the kinds of
writing that interest you most and your long-term aims as a writer. We also suggest you come
prepared to talk about the work of writers you admire - their style, structure, characteristic themes,
devices etc. *

You have to go to the creative arts faculty on the UOW website to see all the information. Useful Information about studying Creative Arts in 2010 - Faculty of Creative Arts @ UOW

Interview notifications for the faculty apparently come out on the week of the 26th and for those of you who dont know that means the week coming up.

good luck. (also for those wanting to do Journalism, you have to bring a statement saying why you would like to do the course.

harryc

HSC
Ah, thanks for that. Does anybody know how many people they accept into the various Creative Arts degrees, versus how many actuallu apply?

JesseMatheson

HSC
Well according to the link I posted it says that they have had so many applicants that they actually arent taking any late ones.

cole-

HSC
N/A
ANYONE YET?
its the end of the 27th

im nervous
why must they be so busy

Last edited:

cole-

HSC
N/A
my exams are basically over
theres not much else to occupy my mind
xbox perhaps.

harryc

HSC
Yeah, I don't see why the anxiety. It's not like Early Entry - I'm pretty sure everyone gets an interview for Creative Arts right?

JesseMatheson

HSC
Just wanted to tell everyone that I got my interview offer for Bachelor of Journalism today.

CHECK YOUR MAIL BOX!!!

cole-

HSC
N/A
No, I'm sure some don't get accepted. They can't possibly interview all candidates, there isn't enough time in the interview weeks. They're not even accepting late ones.
Waiting patiently is just not one of the things I'm good at. :D

harryc

HSC
Just got my interview date. November 23rd at 1pm. Let the nerves begin...

cole-

HSC
N/A
Woohoo, finally.
23rd. 9am.
Don't have any of my yr 11 reports though =/
Anyone gonna bring a copy of their portfolio as well as emailing/sending it?
I think I might.
Could distract from some of my bad ranks.

I'm relieved now. Lol.

brand_new_eyes

HSC
hey i got my letter an interview date for creative writing, but i never sent a port folio in before that coz i rang and they said dont worry, wait until you gte your letter, and now i cant find the portfolio requirements on their god damn website!!!! can some one pleeease help me lol im stressing stressing stressing

brand_new_eyes

HSC
okay i found it BUT i have new queries, in the 10-12 page port folio, are we required to include examples of are OWN writing, and then provide several examples of the types of writing we admire which would be like authors and their genres or poets and what not? If we did extension 2 , would we show them a little bit of that? sorry i know its alot but im just stressing about whethere ive got the right stuff you know lol :)

harryc

HSC
I just included three samples of my own writing (excerpts from two short stories, one of which was my Ext Two major work, and a screenplay), and a summary of additional works I've done. The idea is to include as much as possible to show off your different writing skills within the 12 page limmit.

Last edited:

brand_new_eyes

HSC
I just excluded three samples of my own writing (excerpts from two short stories, one of which was my Ext Two major work, and a screenplay), and a summary of additional works I've done. The idea is to include as much as possible to show off your different writing skills within the 12 page limmit.

thanks heaps :) when you say summary do you mean like, ive written these stories or poems or screenplays ath this time or due to this and what not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)