Enrolment (1 Viewer)

alekz

HSC
oh ok.. singular degrees til 29th too?
arent there offers after that

spazamataz

HSC
I looked it up so I could get the day off work. They made me fill out a leave application and i'm only a casual.....

Enrol - Get Started @ UOW

I think thats the main round enrolments, late enrolment is after the last round of offers or something.

harryc

HSC
I can't believe they're making me be down there at 9am after Australia day.

laila2010

HSC
The University of Sydney is the 25th of January to the 29th if you are to recieve an offer in the main round.

Macquarie has compulsory academic advising on a day stipulated in your offer (late Jan early Feb)

UNSW do theirs online.

All depends on the uni you are going to. :fish:

sj1990

HSC
Mine's at 9 too - another 6am wake up! BUT mines not after Aus day so, atleast I have a day to sober up!

harryc

HSC
Dude i'm the same. I have to travel 2.5 hours to get there too. FML.
Yeah, I'm only an hour away, but still - I'll be in no state to drive after Aus day. Looks like it's the train for me, after what will probably be an all-nighter. Yep, the picture on that ID card is gonna look great.

So, with the whole enrollment thing, apparently they'll help us pick our subjects down there? Because I still have absolutely no idea how the whole subjects thing works, especially with a double degree.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
So, with the whole enrollment thing, apparently they'll help us pick our subjects down there? Because I still have absolutely no idea how the whole subjects thing works, especially with a double degree.
It is a bit daunting at first. They should help you with your subjects. They'll tell you which subjects you need to do, and which you can choose (if any).

spazamataz

HSC
Yeah, I'm only an hour away, but still - I'll be in no state to drive after Aus day. Looks like it's the train for me, after what will probably be an all-nighter. Yep, the picture on that ID card is gonna look great.

hahaha, if I catch the train it will take 7 hours, unless i get up at 4am, so i'm having a very quiet Aus day :(

I've been looking at what subjects I can do, because I really can't decide on a major, so i'm doing all the core ones first. And with the double degree, I think we just take two subjects from each course a semester.

Looks like we might be in a few classes together so might see you down there!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
There's absolutely no need to decide on a major- I think it will ask you to enter one, but that doesn't matter. You don't need to actually declare your major until second year, and you could probably change it again after that anyway. I'd advise for people who don't know their majors yet (or even if you do! I changed mine), that you do subjects as broadly as possible. You might find some more things you enjoy.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've been looking at what subjects I can do, because I really can't decide on a major, so i'm doing all the core ones first. And with the double degree, I think we just take two subjects from each course a semester.
It depends on what course you do. I'm doing Creative Arts (Performance) / Commerce. I have to do 3 Creative Arts and 1 (or more) Commerce. There is no other way to do the course. Creative Arts has to be my major, because of prerequisite subjects.

H S C

HSC
apparently we need to take our taxfile number to uow for enrolment if we are intending to pay by the HECS programme?

wth is a taxfile number?

Von-Dyke

HSC
apparently we need to take our taxfile number to uow for enrolment if we are intending to pay by the HECS programme?

wth is a taxfile number?

Tax file number is the number you give to employers so they can give the Taxation Department a record of your earnings, how much you pay in tax and whatever else. I assume HECS needs it so they can keep track of how much you earn after graduation. To get a taxfile number theres instructions on the uow enrol site, you just call the tax dept. really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)