Early Entry at UOW (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
How does this work exactly?

Do you have to put the course as your first preference to be accepted? I applied for it as a "back-up" course, but I've heard that it must be your 1st preference if you're successful at the interview.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've got a feeling it has to be first, but I'm not sure.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
I was reading their FAQs earlier, and it was something along the lines of it must be your "first highest eligible preference" :/
eligible as in basically first...like say you put UOW early entry as number 3...and u dont get the atar for preference 1 and 2 but u get the atar for EE then it is your first highest eligible preference

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
eligible as in basically first...like say you put UOW early entry as number 3...and u dont get the atar for preference 1 and 2 but u get the atar for EE then it is your first highest eligible preference
That means it can basically be my 9th preference.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Do the universities have access to our UAC preferences? can they see what we put? My guess is yes, because they ask you for your HSC number and some ask for UAC number.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Do the universities have access to our UAC preferences? can they see what we put? My guess is yes, because they ask you for your HSC number and some ask for UAC number.
My answer is no. I am guessing the universities send to the UAC office all the candidates which were succesful in getting the desired ATAR for there course. The UAC then chooses which courses the student will get into through his preferences. Then the UAC will tell the uni's wether they student is eligible for that course or not. By eligible l mean for example: Student A put UNSW Engineering 1st pref -91 ATAR his 2nd pref was UTS engineering - 85. His ATAR was 93 so UTS and UNSW sent UAC information that the student is eligible to go into there university. However he can only get offered at one and thats UNSW because its his first preference and he got the atar for it, hence he is eligible for it. UAC then sends a letter to UTS saying he got accepted somewhere else. Remember this is what l am guessing is what happens, so don't take my word for it.

SnowTau

HSC
Anyone else gone for early entry and waiting for their letter / email or already had it? I had an interview for Mining Engineering and am currently waiting to hear back, the latest I will hear is the 14th apparently (friday), so yeah.. getting anxious. I really want to know!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone else gone for early entry and waiting for their letter / email or already had it? I had an interview for Mining Engineering and am currently waiting to hear back, the latest I will hear is the 14th apparently (friday), so yeah.. getting anxious. I really want to know!
Had my interview 2 weeks ago today and still waiting!

Ah well, patience is key.

SnowTau

HSC
I've checked my emails / mail way too many times over the past few days haha. I need to stop thinking about it and study...

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I've checked my emails / mail way too many times over the past few days haha. I need to stop thinking about it and study...
Yea I've been checking the mail every day too, it'll arrive soon.... haha.

HSC
Uni Grad
one of my biffles just got combined law and international studies

so proud of her

SnowTau

HSC
Aw... I saw that I had 3 new emails and got all excited, still nothing however.

spaceflower

HSC
I'M GOING INSANE. Has anyone applied to the creative arts faculty and heard back yet?

SnowTau

HSC
Finally got my letter! :D

Stress of HSC has just been completely relieved! Gauranteed entry into Mining Engineering!

eg-8

HSC
anyone get a mechanical engineering letter yet?

SnowTau

HSC
Not that I've heard but all the Engineering Faculty ones appear to be arriving today, most of my friends did flexible and they all got letters today, you should get yours today / tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)