Anyone doing a dual degree at UOW? (1 Viewer)

jessikat

HSC
Not sure if this has been asked somewhere way back in time but wondered if anyone has done/is doing a double degree at UOW? I was thinking of doing a bachelor of science/bachelor of media and communication next year but read online that double degrees can be really hard and have a lot of problems. (e.g. timetabling issues, being unable to transfer to advanced degrees due to insufficient credit points, etc). This was pretty much from just one source so multiple opinions would be great. It was a few years old and maybe just a few people have had problems.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm doing a double: Creative Arts/Commerce

Timetabling isn't too bad. For you especially, because neither of those courses have insane hours. It won't really be too much different from a single degree. Switching to advanced programs can be difficult, and I've had problems with it. However, if you don't plan on doing it until you've finished both, then there will be no problem.

I'd say it's definitely worth it. The pros outweigh the cons

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Timetabling is just as much of an issue for a double degree as it is for those doing a single degree. What you must realise is that no matter what degree, a full time study load is normally 24 credit points, it's just that a double degree takes more semesters to complete. As long as you get in early when it comes to tutorial enrolments and manage your subjects well, you should be fine and you won't have an issue. I switched between double degrees a few times and didn't have an issue despite my academic transcript looking messy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)