UOW Selective Entry (1 Viewer)

lachlanalegend

HSC
Hey guys! Was just wondering if anyone has heard back from Wollongong about their Selective Entry outcomes. The website says that they've been emailed but me and my mate Nathan Adams haven't heard from them? Thanks!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Patience, they come to different people over a spread of days. It'll come eventually!

harudew

HSC
Got mine this arvo. Really disappointed, got conditional for mechanical engineering. Have to get atar of 75 and 75% maths. Should be pretty easy but I essentially wasted my time driving 5 hours for an interview.

Kianzaha

HSC
Results were supposed to come by 6pm Friday 12th of October. If you didn't get a spot do they send you an email anyway?Because I haven't got anything yet and it's past the deadline.. Is anyone else asking this question?

Bells88

HSC
I got mine at 4.30 today from the engineering faculty. I was successful :)

Bells88

HSC
Congrats :smile: have you received any other emails from them or just the successful one from engineering?
Thanks. I only got the one email, and that is pretty much all it said, as well as that the mail will be sent next week confirming that. I hope you all get what you were hoping for!

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i got a reply was a waste of my time also. I need a 75 atar and 50% in extension 1 maths to get given a spot in civil.
I traveled 5 hours by train and then over an hour by car to get to the interview to be told i have to pretty much get the atar to get into the course normally.

eja2000

HSC
Results were supposed to come by 6pm Friday 12th of October. If you didn't get a spot do they send you an email anyway?Because I haven't got anything yet and it's past the deadline.. Is anyone else asking this question?
You're not the only person this has happened to, try not to freak out too much. They're working on fixing this and will hopefully have them sent to the people who have missed out as possible. Basically, you can expect to receive it between now and early monday.

Last edited:

Kianzaha

HSC
You're not the only person this has happened to, try not to freak out too much. They're working on fixing this and will hopefully have them sent to the people who have missed out as possible. Basically, you can expect to receive it between now and early monday.
Yep, I got it at 5.10 today :D was successful in all of my courses.. I can breath again

harudew

HSC
Yeah, i got a reply was a waste of my time also. I need a 75 atar and 50% in extension 1 maths to get given a spot in civil.
I traveled 5 hours by train and then over an hour by car to get to the interview to be told i have to pretty much get the atar to get into the course normally.
Hey it's not that bad (although I'm not sure I'll get 50 in Ext 1) I woke up with a better perspective this morning, look at it this way now we know that the atar limit is locked in and can't fluctuate. Chin up.

Last edited:

eja2000

HSC
Question: If someone gets selective entry with no conditions, but they get below the ATAR cut-off for the course they got selective entry in...What happens? Do they just withdraw the offer, or what?

Kianzaha

HSC
Question: If someone gets selective entry with no conditions, but they get below the ATAR cut-off for the course they got selective entry in...What happens? Do they just withdraw the offer, or what?
The whole point of selective entry is to get into your course before the HSC so your ATAR isn't even considered. It's good for students who stuff up in the HSC pretty much. So if you get Into a course via selective entry it doesn't matter what ATAR you get

lachlanalegend

HSC
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know we were both successful. See you all down in Wollongong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)